Thread: Cigarillos / Which One's Are Worthy Of A Purchase ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    My favorite cigarillo type cigar is the Quinteros Brevas. Too bad you can't find them around these parts...
    Interesting. It looks like those have quite a history behind them. I will keep an eye out for them when I am in Latin America.

2. Default

Do they speak latin there?
    The older I get ,the better I was

http://www.mehariscigars.com/

I like the above. I've tried several different ones and thought they were all decent.

I do keep them in my humidor..........
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Do they speak latin there?

SPANISH is widely understood in....LATIN AMERICA.
    Last edited by cnyc; 03-19-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cnyc View Post
    SPANISH is widely understood in....LATIN AMERICA.
    He asked if Latin was "spoken" there, which I'd imagine it is to some extent. To your point, Spanish is widely "understood" in much of the world. Besides, everyone knows that in Latin America they speak American, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    He asked if Latin was "spoken" there, which I'd imagine it is to some extent. To your point, Spanish is widely "understood" in much of the world. Besides, everyone knows that in Latin America they speak American, of course.
    Sorry. I was under the impression that most people knew that Latin America is used to describe all spanish speaking countries within the Americas. These would include Mexico, Central America , South America and the spanish speaking caribbean islands. That's where the cigars come from !

English is NOT widely spoken in several of these Latin Countries. You need to speak SPANISH.

I don't think anyone speaks LATIN anymore besides the pope.

Can we get back to discussing more important issues like SMOKING.

Blog Entries

Sorry. I was under the impression that most people knew that Latin America is used to describe all spanish speaking countries within the Americas. These would include Mexico, Central America , South America and the spanish speaking caribbean islands. That's where the cigars come from !

English is NOT widely spoken in several of these Latin Countries. You need to speak SPANISH.

I don't think anyone speaks LATIN anymore besides the pope.

Can we get back to discussing more important issues like SMOKING.
    We'll discuss whatever we want to discuss, and guess what, it's most likely not cigarillos. Smart to pick the most cigarette like cigar there is, to give up, cigarettes.
    BTW, aren't Haiti and Paraguay in Latin America?

8. Default

Spainish is spoken in Spain, I learned it in grade school taught by a woman from Spain. Some inbred jibberish is spoken by the illegal immigrants I see here. I honestly wonder why it is called Latin America?
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    We'll discuss whatever we want to discuss, and guess what, it's most likely not cigarillos. Smart to pick the most cigarette like cigar there is, to give up, cigarettes.
    Trolling a newbie is not polite. I expect more from a grown man.

Considering Paraguay is located in *South America YES. Spanish is spoken but so is the local indian language called GUARANI.

YES very astute Haiti and the Dominican Republic were once one island called HISPANIOLA. Haiti is NOT considered to be part of Latin America. You won't find many haitians speaking spanish in Haiti. They speak a creole version of FRENCH often referred to as pigeon french. It is butchered to death.

Cigarillos are good for me. I don't want to smoke for an hour at a time and I don't want to use a humidor...perfect for travel and low key enough for club and bar use. PERFECT...glad I chose those over the larger size cigars.

I can tell that a lot of you guys are douchebags. This is not the type of "community" that I am looking for. I'd be better off asking the sales staff at my local cigar store for information.

Adios

*** Thank You to those members who did respond to my original question....much appreciated.
    Last edited by cnyc; 03-19-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I believe Brazil is also in Latin America too... Or do they exclude Brazil because the official language is Portuguese?

...go to Puerto Rico and speak English outside of the resorts. Chances are you'll find they won't understand you...

Interesting. It looks like those have quite a history behind them. I will keep an eye out for them when I am in Latin America.
    The good news is - as far as I can tell, no one is counterfeiting Quinteros Brevas cigars...

Thread Information