Thread: Sam Adams' Winter Classics

reaganyouth84 Guest

Default Sam Adams' Winter Classics

Has anyone seen the Sam Adams' Winter Classics out in stores yet? I just picked it up, and it looks pretty good. There are 12 beers in the package, 2 of each flavor. It comes with the Black Lager, Old Fizzywig's Ale, the Holiday Porter, the Winter Lager, the Boston Lager, and the Cranberry Lambic. I haven't tried any of these except for the Boston Lager. I love Sam Adams beer though. Anyone have any thoughts?

-Mike

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    Has anyone seen the Sam Adams' Winter Classics out in stores yet? I just picked it up, and it looks pretty good. There are 12 beers in the package, 2 of each flavor. It comes with the Black Lager, Old Fizzywig's Ale, the Holiday Porter, the Winter Lager, the Boston Lager, and the Cranberry Lambic. I haven't tried any of these except for the Boston Lager. I love Sam Adams beer though. Anyone have any thoughts?

-Mike

What store did you find em at? They don't seem to be any in my neck of the woods.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    What store did you find em at? They don't seem to be any in my neck of the woods.

Well, they have them at the cigar store I go to, but I found them at a local grocery store, a Food City. I don't recall seeing any Food City stores out in West TN sarge. Keep an eye open though, I'm about to try an Old Fizzywig's here in a second.

-Mike

Being from where I have I've had the pleasure to try them all. The lambic isn't bad but not authentic. The Balck lager has the fllavor of a porter/stout but thinner and without much aftertaste. Not bad.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I'm drinking the Old Fizzywig's right now. It is pretty good, you can taste the cinnamon in it for sure. Very unique, very nice beer. It is a very festive beer...I love Christmas. I love me some Sam Adams.

-Mike
    Last edited by reaganyouth84; 11-05-2005 at 10:49 PM.

6. Default

I love me some Sam Adams.

-Mike

Sippin on a San Adams Boston Lager as I type. I love me some Sam Adams too.

7. Default

I actually picked this up last night, oddly enough...

I saw it had the cranberry lambic in there and HAD to have it! I haven't seen it in YEARS! (and it's the only Sam Adams I've ever been impressed with...and the only thing I'd call a "craft beer" since their original Boston Lager)...

I had the black lager and thought it was pretty awful. It tasted like water and liquid smoke...

Ah, well, it's Sam Adams, what should I expect?

reaganyouth84 Guest

This Cranberry Lambic ROCKS!!!

-Mike
    Last edited by reaganyouth84; 11-07-2005 at 10:25 PM.

9. Default

This Cranberry Lambic ROCKS!!!

-Mike
    That was one of the first beers I ever legally drank and it's still one of my favorites. I haven't seen a six pack of it in YEARS, though...

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    That was one of the first beers I ever legally drank and it's still one of my favorites. I haven't seen a six pack of it in YEARS, though...
    There is a local microbrew at Calhoun's called Sleepy Hollow Ale. Its a seasonal thing, but dude...it tastes like pumpkin cider if there is such a thing. It is the sweetest beer EVER! All you can taste is honey, pumpkin, some citrus, and cinnamon. Needless to say, its liquid panty remover, haha.

-Mike

I had the winter lager last night and it was excellent.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I am about to crack one open. One of my buddies says that is his least favorite in the sampler.

-Mike

Thread Information