Thread: Badwhale Brewing Club

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Out of total shit luck / whimsy I brewed up a batch of what I would call a robust porter maybe 4 weeks ago. I just finished the last sip of a draft tonight.
    Pretty good. I don't think it's going to win any prizes, but I am pleased with the outcome, and I was able to use some Cascade hops from my plants in the process.

I'm hoping to brew up a cream ale extract kit next Friday. I am currently looking at some more kegging and fitting equipment to make my fridge a 3 keg setup.

DanB: Sorry, I missed your post completely. I was just reading back through this. Anyway, I just have a little extract kit setup, hoping to go "pro" with a bigger kettle in the near future. For now, I usually run a 3.5gal batch for the boil on the residential stove, and then I have a wort chiller I run through the garden hose. After that, it's into a plastic 5 gallon bucket that I add water to get up to 5 gal, and pitch the yeast. A couple weeks later, I rack it into a glass carboy, and then a couple weeks after that, keg and gas, and enjoy.
    Last edited by badwhale; 08-05-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information