Thread: On the verge of giving up! Humidity problems.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Never mind...

I asked you where you live then found a previous post where you said you're from the UK. I thought your humidity problem may be a function of your climate however I see you've had this problem in the winter and the summer months in the UK. Your climate is essentially the same as mine in the northeast United States and in Nova Scotia so I don't think that's a contributing factor in your case.

Small humidors are like small salt water aquariums, they're a pain in the a$$ to regulate. It sounds like you have a fair amount of beads. How about trying to set up a small cooler as your humidor and seeing if you have any luck with getting the humidity to stay between 65 and 70%?

Just an idea....

Personally, I've never had a problem using beads but my humidors are located my finished basement where the humidity down there is almost 60% to 65% at all times. I have two large coolers set up with beads and I haven't added water in the past seven years.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-04-2014 at 06:47 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information