Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Tampa

Default Hello from Tampa

Just an introduction. Name is Dan, 43 years old from Tampa Fl. Been looking at the forums here so figured Id join. New to smoking cigars but ive found alot of solid advice here, thanx for that. Just bought a humidor today (hope i seasoned it and all that correctly) and 4 cigars to go in it (Brickhouse-AF Gran reserve-CAO maduro and a cheaper spirit of cuba) I like the Connecticut alot, Rocky Patel has a good one. Looking to get a box of something similar to the RP Connecticut if anyone knows of something comparable thats not 8$ a stick. Alsp wanna try a montecrisco #4 but cannot find any anywhere

Look forward to sharing with you all. Dan

Blog Entries

Welcome. Not sure if I've had an RP Connecticut so I couldn't tell you what it might compare to.

It was my favorite so far but ive only smoked mild to medium sticks thus far. Went very well with a cigar city Jai Alai. Gonna try a stronger stick tonight (CAO Gold Maduro) with Guinness stout. I really enjoy pairing with craft beers and stouts.

Blog Entries

Welcome. Try 5 Vegas Gold for a comparable smoke.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Welcome. Try 5 Vegas Gold for a comparable smoke.
    Thanx I will try those if I can find em. Pretty lost on where to look for stuff right now if my local shop doesnt have em. The place isnt very big. maybe a 6x6 walk in humidor. I am stumbling through some online sites reading reviews.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanB6177 View Post
    Thanx I will try those if I can find em. Pretty lost on where to look for stuff right now if my local shop doesnt have em. The place isnt very big. maybe a 6x6 walk in humidor. I am stumbling through some online sites reading reviews.
    I'd suggest Cigars International for that source.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I'd suggest Cigars International for that source.
    very good thank you

Hello

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board! You are off to a good start my friend. I recommend Cigar Bid to get those pesky cigars very cheaply. I know a lot of people don't like CBid due to some sometimes valid reasons, but overall, for the bargains I've gotten, I think it's been great. At any rate, Cigars International is the parent company of CigarBid.com or vica versa or just the same company with two divisions or whatever.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Welcome

Blog Entries

Howdy and welcome to the board. To keep your humidor stable you're most likely gonna need to put more than 4 cigars in it. I don't smoke alot of Connecticut wrapped cigars, and the ones I do smoke don't meet your other criteria, so I'm not much help there.

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    Welcome to the board! You are off to a good start my friend. I recommend Cigar Bid to get those pesky cigars very cheaply. I know a lot of people don't like CBid due to some sometimes valid reasons, but overall, for the bargains I've gotten, I think it's been great. At any rate, Cigars International is the parent company of CigarBid.com or vica versa or just the same company with two divisions or whatever.
    Awesome thanx for advice. Knowing a few places to try out is exactly what im looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Howdy and welcome to the board. To keep your humidor stable you're most likely gonna need to put more than 4 cigars in it. I don't smoke alot of Connecticut wrapped cigars, and the ones I do smoke don't meet your other criteria, so I'm not much help there.
    Gonna calibrate my hygrometer tonight with the salt method (Seems to be a relaible way) because its definetly reading wrong 95%.. Did not hear about the 4+ cigars but makes sense I have a few and gonna get a box so will have 20 ish to put in it soon. Thanx for advice

Hi and welcome from Alberta, Canada!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Wait... WHAT!!!! You're in Tampa and you don't know where to buy cigars?!?!

(HINT: there's this little place called Ybor City - you should mapquest it....) And while you're there, check out Tampa Sweethearts - I don't think you'll be disappointed...

Good luck on your hunt!

Hello and welcome from Indiana.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Wait... WHAT!!!! You're in Tampa and you don't know where to buy cigars?!?!

(HINT: there's this little place called Ybor City - you should mapquest it....) And while you're there, check out Tampa Sweethearts - I don't think you'll be disappointed...

Good luck on your hunt!
    actually outside of tampa. Ybor is about 40 mins away. Ill have to look over there. I have heard of tampa sweethearts got the web on my favorites now to check em out.
    I was at abc liquor store yesterday and they have a nice humidor and they have montecristo and alot of other nice ones. Was happy to stumble on that. Picked up a romeo y juliet reserva real.
    Last edited by DanB6177; 06-17-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Also i have found a cigar bar in walking distance lol. never looked for this stuff so never saw it before.

Ill keep using this thread to ask silly things instead of starting new threads. Keep in mind, still a bit new and come across stuff I cant find every now and again (even on the search function).

When receiving new sticks in mail from the web is it wise to smoke one right away? I got a 10 pack in and put them right in the humidor (they were sealed well). RH was 66 when I put em in and is still 66 a few hours later. So intelligence leads me to believe they are ready to smoke. But wanna be sure. I remember seeing someone had said they wait a few days when getting sticks in the mail

Blog Entries

Most often, cigars are over-humidified for my tastes when they arrive from on-line vendors. Typically I let them sit in the humi for a week or two before lighting them up. Sometimes I just can't resist and smoke one immediately. Most often, when I do, I wish I hadn't.
    YMMV

Thread Information