Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Louisiana!

Default Hello from Louisiana!

Hey guys,

Noob here. My name is Warren, I'm 32, and I'm From Louisiana (about an hour from Baton Rouge). I am not new to cigar smoking by any means, I've been smoking them since I was about 13 (old enough to steal them from my grandfather without getting caught)... I am however, new to cigar storing, having recently purchased my first humidor, and am interested in discussion with some of you regulars on what to purchase to put in it. I've always only bought 1 or 2 at a time from the smoke shop, or maybe a 5-pack at the most, but now am faced with the problem of selecting 50-100 good sticks to stock my humidor, and am in need of some assistance from you guys. At the moment I have a few each of 5 Vegas Classic Churchill, 5 Vegas Series 'A' Apostle, 5 Vegas Gold Churchill, La Gloria Cubana Serie R 5.5 x 54, and 30ish each of Victor Sinclair Series 55 Corojo cigarillos, and Drew Estate Tabak Especial cigarillos (the only infused cigar I've ever found that I really enjoy), all of which I really like. I have smoked countless others over the years, but can't remember what I liked and didn't like. I don't want to waste money on crap cigars, and was hoping I could get some suggestions. What are some of your favorites? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Welcome. Glad you made it through registration.

I like Padron.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Great, thanks! Don't think I've ever had a Padron. I'll pick up a couple this weekend when I go to town and give them a shot. Any particilar Padrons you like or don't like?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    Great, thanks! Don't think I've ever had a Padron. I'll pick up a couple this weekend when I go to town and give them a shot. Any particilar Padrons you like or don't like?
    Padron 3000, Londres, PAM anything, '26 #35

I really can't say I've ever had a bad Padron. They all come in Natural / Maduro wrapper. To me, they each have their own flavors to offer.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Welcome from AZ. Camacho has some good cigars like the Triple Maduro and the Corojo. If you are ok with some strong cigars try the Joya de Nicaragua Antano and Antano Dark Corojo. Ashton VSG (Virgin Sun Grown) is great, the belicosos being my favorite from that line. Arturo Fuente Hemmingways and Anejos are good. My Father cigars are good. Padron Anniversary Maduro. Tatuaje Havana VI is worth trying. J. Fuego 777. Illusione CG4. Umm, yeah it sort of just goes on and on from here... you have unlimited funds, right?

Oh, and keep your infused cigars in a separate humidor.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Welcome from AZ. Camacho has some good cigars like the Triple Maduro and the Corojo. If you are ok with some strong cigars try the Joya de Nicaragua Antano and Antano Dark Corojo. Ashton VSG (Virgin Sun Grown) is great, the belicosos being my favorite from that line. Arturo Fuente Hemmingways and Anejos are good. My Father cigars are good. Padron Anniversary Maduro. Tatuaje Havana VI is worth trying. J. Fuego 777. Illusione CG4. Umm, yeah it sort of just goes on and on from here... you have unlimited funds, right?

Oh, and keep your infused cigars in a separate humidor.
    Wow! Yeah, I'll try all of those, eventually... Ha! Thanks though! Making a list of cigars to try, and will definitely add those to it. Unlimited funds? Negative... Forever, to try them all (or as many as possible) one at a time, as funds become available? Absolutely! Also, I only have the one humidor, but the Tabak Especials are in a big ziplock inside the humidor (with a couple humi-sticks in the bag) to keep them seperate from the others, which are just loose in the humidor. All of them are still in their plastic sleeves as well. Is this a bad idea? Thanks for your help!

Padron 3000, Londres, PAM anything, '26 #35

I really can't say I've ever had a bad Padron. They all come in Natural / Maduro wrapper. To me, they each have their own flavors to offer.
    All going on the list. Thanks again!

Glad you made it through the sign up gauntlet...

Padron 1000 series - worth the try.

Others in that same "reasonable" price range:

Sanco Panza
    Cuesta Rey - Centro Fino and Centinnario

And if your shop ever stocks Arturo Fuente Opus X - a must try.

Enjoy!

Welcome from Tampa. I like the arturo fuente hemingway (all sizes are good) and the Oliva series (O,G,V) are all real good. Those are all 5-10$. Too save some cash its a good idea to go online to a cigar site (I use cigars international and tampa sweethearts) and order sampler packs. You can get premiums for less and try out a good variety.

Hi and welcome from Alberta, Canada
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Excellent! Thanks guys! I will get around to trying all of these, eventually... Keep em coming though, I really am writing all this down, so I know what to look for when I make it back to the smoke shop. I'm pretty excited about this forum! Maybe one day I'll be knowledgeable enough to contribute, but I've got lots to learn and lots of smoking to do before that day comes... And thanks again, ggiese, for getting me in!

Welcome from FL. I would suggest some of the CLE stuff and I like the undercrowns also.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thanks guys!

Welcome from Utah, Speedracer.
    These gents have already rattled off most of my favorites/suggestions. I recommend you throw in the Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 as a reasonably priced "must smoke". The Diamond Crown Maximus is a good choice. I also enjoy some of the other Ashton affiliated products like La Aroma de Cuba and San Cristobal from time to time.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thumbs up

Thanks, slcraiders, those will go on the list as well. Stopped by Habana Port today, while I was in town, and picked up a few from my list that I've never tried. Gonna smoke that sexy-looking Padron 1964 Box Pressed Anniversary Torpedo tonight! My mouth is watering in anticipation...

Thanks, slcraiders, those will go on the list as well. Stopped by Habana Port today, while I was in town, and picked up a few from my list that I've never tried. Gonna smoke that sexy-looking Padron 1964 Box Pressed Anniversary Torpedo tonight! My mouth is watering in anticipation...
    Update on the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Torpedo:

DAMN GOOD CIGAR!! Definitely one of the top 3 I've ever smoked! Thanks, badwhale and buzz, for the recommendation! Can't wait to try more of your suggestions...

Blog Entries

Update on the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Torpedo:

DAMN GOOD CIGAR!! Definitely one of the top 3 I've ever smoked! Thanks, badwhale and buzz, for the recommendation! Can't wait to try more of your suggestions...
    You'll be comparing many future cigars to the PAM.
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    You'll be comparing many future cigars to the PAM.
    You speak the truth, my friend.

I am normally a "save the best for last" kinda guy, but I fear I may have jumped the gun by making the PAM my first choice to smoke from this list. I can't imagine very many of these others being any better. However, this small mishap will not hinder my endeavor to enentually smoke every last one, just to be SURE!

Thread Information