Smoke: 5 Vegas ‘A’ ~ Apex
    Drink: Sam Adams ~ Double Agent IPL
    Tunes: AC/DC

Wrapper: Costa Rica
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Dominican / Nicaraguan / Honduran
    Draw: Medium
    Burn: not great.
    Misc: At least a couple years age on this.

Pre-light: Maduro-oscuro shade wrapper. Splotchy and shitty looking. It looks like it was shrink wrapped and twisted slightly. Has a nice prelight scent of sweet tobacco. A little musty. Spicy / sweet on the cut prelight taste.

Light: Easy, but burned up wrapper. Medium draw.

1st 3rd: Bitter oil and a bit acrid on the light. Hopefully this mellows a bit. Spicy and a bit harsh to start. Ok, it calmed down. Still acrid mouth feel (yay tomorrow morning!) Some woodsy notes an sweet tobacco. Yikes! On the retrohale…

Ash: Grey with charcoal grey mottle. Stacks ok, but a funny burn. Holds on for ¾”

2nd 3rd: Still kinda acrid and burning oak leaf mouthfeel.  Oily and bitter, toothy and somewhat harsh. Not absolutely terrible, but not my cup o’tea. Some woodsy notes are kinda saving it…..kinda.

3rd 3rd: This thing burns like shit. It has been in the humidor for probably about 3 years, so I would guess it’s bad construction. Age did not improve this POS. Just basically shitty.

(Forgot Picture)

Overall impression: No more, my last 5 Vegas evar…

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Uh oh, someone's gonna be very ILL over this review. I'm with you though. I've had some really good 5 Vegas', but they are just way too inconsistent for me.

Blog Entries

Uh oh. I do like these for the what they cost. They are great, mindless smokes imo. Probably a touch of nostalgia to it too as I smoked these a lot early on.

Thread Information