Thread: Nice Ashtray

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nice Ashtray

In the market for a nice big heavy solid cigar ashtray. Glass, porcelain, granite, marble, agate, etc, etc... Something unique. Anybody have a good source for such things? Or maybe have something nice laying around that you'd be willing to part with?
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

I hear a lot of people like the Stinky ashtray line. I have mostly porcelain ones around that I got here or there.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I hear a lot of people like the Stinky ashtray line. I have mostly porcelain ones around that I got here or there.
    I've seen these on Amazon, etc, and am not particularly fond of them, although I've never seen one in person... Looking for something more substantial. The stinkies look like thin sheet metal. Metal wouldn't be a bad thing, but I think I'd prefer something in a heavy brass, or maybe cast bronze or pewter if I went that route. Not real picky, just want something on the heavier side, and something unique that you don't see everyday. Thanks for your input though. I'll look more into the stinkies. Maybe they'll have something more to my liking than what I've seen so far..
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    I've seen these on Amazon, etc, and am not particularly fond of them, although I've never seen one in person... Looking for something more substantial. The stinkies look like thin sheet metal. Metal wouldn't be a bad thing, but I think I'd prefer something in a heavy brass, or maybe cast bronze or pewter if I went that route. Not real picky, just want something on the heavier side, and something unique that you don't see everyday. Thanks for your input though. I'll look more into the stinkies. Maybe they'll have something more to my liking than what I've seen so far..
    Hit up a flea market.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB6177 View Post
    Hit up a flea market.
    That's a fine idea, Dan! Although I'm a sucker for cast iron cookware, old rusty carbon steel knives, and other things from the days when things were actually made in the USA, and always end up coming home from flea markets with a lot more than I was looking for in the first place. This is a good excuse to make another haul!

This is what I use. It an old piston out of a P&W engine that didn't meet the specs on the rebuild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	3858

Thread Information