Thread: Coolidor

reaganyouth84 Guest

Default Coolidor

Ok, I've heard a few of you guys talk about coolidors. What are they exactly?
    -Mike

2. Default

A coolador is a Cooler (ice chest, Igloo, etc...) that has been turned into a Humi.

Here is one...Coolador

another...
    coolador
    Bitte geehrter Herr, stoppen das Spinnen der Welt, ich möchte weg erhalten.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealPurobrat
    A coolador is a Cooler (ice chest, Igloo, etc...) that has been turned into a Humi.

Here is one...Coolador

another...
    coolador
    VERY VERY interesting. That has sparked my interest. I think I will be looking into building one. Looks FAR cheaper to build a coolador than it would be to buy a big humi.
    -Mike

Well, there is really no building required either if you don't want. I mean, I found a nice cooler that sealed fairly well, then I threw my cigars in there.A humidity pillow and rectangle humidifier is all I use to keep it moist in there, and they are just sitting beside the box's. I have a digital hygrometer on top all the box's too so I can keep an eye on humidity.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

Roham's right but I'll make it even more simple for you. Use BEADS and an el cheapo hygrometer. The beads are foolproof and when they need water, the humidity will start to fall out of range, otherwise, it NEVER moves. That's why I don't see a need for a fancy hygrometer when using beads.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Roham's right but I'll make it even more simple for you. Use BEADS and an el cheapo hygrometer. The beads are foolproof and when they need water, the humidity will start to fall out of range, otherwise, it NEVER moves. That's why I don't see a need for a fancy hygrometer when using beads.

Good point! I don't own beads and I guess I just like to use the word "digital"
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I think I am going to have to invest in one, at the moment I have 3*50cnt, 1*25cnt, 1*10cnt (office) and 1*25cnt Jar. They keep on filling up. I think I'll get a coolidor and use it for long term bulk storage then use the old ones for day 2 day around the house.
    Not sure whether I can get the beads over here though, have to take a look at froogle.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

The beads are available at www.heartfeltindustries.com

Thumbs up

Thanks Roham, I've sent them a mail asking if they ship to the UK.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

reaganyouth84 Guest

So how much money will this little project set me back?
    -Mike

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    So how much money will this little project set me back?
    -Mike
    just made mine last night for about 40
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    The beads are available at www.heartfeltindustries.com

Just got beads from Heartfelt and am expecting another order from em soon. Top notch service.

Well, I just raided our shed, and put some water in all three coolers we had and found the one that sealed best. Washed it and I was done. Hehe. Even go buy one of those Styrofoam Coolers, they seal well and are cheap. Or your moms shed

Really? The styrofoam ones seal? I thought about using one, but wasn't sure if it would work out. This makes me happy

Thread Information