Thread: I miss my Cigars

Default I miss my Cigars

I haven’t smoked a cigar in probably 8 or 10 weeks.

I've come to the conclusion that cigars are more like pie and coffee than cigarettes and tobacco. I used to smoke cigarettes when I was in the Navy, I quit when I got out. With cigarettes, you gotta smoke a cigarette every 10 minutes or you go crazy. Cigars, if you’re on a plane or in a meeting, no big deal. You never NEED a cigar like a cigarette smoker needs a cigarette.

Nope, cigars are more like pie and coffee. After you have a good slice of pie and a cuppa great coffee, you sit back and think, “Dang, that was good. I look forward to when I get to do that again.” You don't become addicted and need pie and coffee every 10 minutes.

Exactly like a cigar.

I quit because of some financial trouble, pressure from the wife, and the staining of the teeth. I'm not sure I want to stay quit.

I feel like I'm fighting a fight every minute of my day except when I stop and smoke a cigar.
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Blog Entries

You should smoke a cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    You should smoke a cigar.
    X2!

I've come to a point in my "cigar smoking" career that I've slowed down the numbers of cigars I smoke because of other competing committments. Now - when I have time for a cigar - I only smoke cigars I REALLY, REALLY enjoy with the idea, “Dang, that was good. I look forward to when I get to do that again.” (to your pie example - I more want to have a slice of a well made homemade pie - than a store bought $2.99 special - with a cup of very nicely brewed, flavorful coffee - instead of a "cup of Joe".)

I guess the good news is - while some may argue that smoking is bad for you - I would argue that anything done in moderation isn't necessarily bad for you. Light up and contemplate the thought!!!

Blog Entries

x3

I don't think there's anything wrong with an occasional cigar under the circumstances you describe.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I only smoke cigars probably once every 2 weeks. i try to keep them in moderation because i dip everyday. don't want to over do the tobacco use. the navy doesn't seem to like the tobacco use much these days.

Have a cigar Mark! You need at least one per week just to keep the bugs outta your nose... 8 weeks without is just unacceptable!
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

I think you guys are right. I also think my Wife bought me a couple cigars for Halloween tonight!

Thanks for your replies!
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Thread Information