Thread: Bolivar ~ Lonsdale 2001

Blog Entries

Default Bolivar ~ Lonsdale 2001

Smoke(s) Bolivar ~ Lonsdale 2001
    Drink(s): Troegs IPA (me); Woodford Reserve (Kingbeefy)
    Tunes: Joe Walsh (me); Jack White (KB)
    Date Smoked: 8-10-14

Wrapper: ISOM
    Binder: ISOM
    Filler: ISOM
    Draw: Me: Medium / KB: Medium
    Burn: (Both) Good
    Misc: We are remotely sharing a celebratory smoke, complements of KB

Pre-light (Me): Mottled light brown. Corona style. Good construction, nice hay and musty scent. Medium draw. Light licorice on the cut prelight taste. I think I’m in for a treat…
    Pre-light (KB): Light natural shade wrapper. A little rough looking, not bad, just looks like the wrapper has shrunk some due to the age Draw, medium and nice Prelight flavor, slightly sweet tobacco, hint of pepper, and that Cuban taste that always reminds me a bit if grass.

[B][SIZE="3"]Light (Both): Easy with matches for badwhale. Medium draw. KB Light with a bic; Easy light

1st 3rd (Me): Tannic and medium body. Grassy hay flavors, and some light oil. Woodsy and nutty notes. Very relaxing, and a great blend. Really smooth. Salty background notes.
    1st 3rd (KB): Flavors much the same as the prelight, silky smooth, mouth coating creamy smoke Mild to medium strength The mild pepper is instantly gone except the faintest hint on retrohale I had a different flavor in the prelight I couldn't quite pin down so I didn't mention it, but it's still there and reminds me a little of the clove cigarettes I smoked in high school Still in the first third and I'm starting to get some nice baking spices. One of the smoothest retrohales I have ever had.

Ash (Me): Holds ok. Around 1”, light gray and mottled.
    Ash (KB): Ash fell at about an inch.

The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

2nd 3rd (Me): Same woodsy, nutty, and nice and smooth flavors. Some light leather and salty background. Excellent balance.
    2nd 3rd (KB): The slightest hint of pepper is back, and still smooth and creamy. Such a soft, gentle smoke. It's like having angels massage my palate.
    Drinking Woodford Reserve with this and it is pairing very well. The deep, molasses, brown sugar, cinnamon sweetness of the bourbon is playing extremely well with this cigar. Nearing the halfway point, pepper becoming a little more present on retrohale, strength is picking a little to a solid medium. Smoke production is great, strength still picking up, flavors still great. I could do this everyday.

3rd 3rd (Me): Woodsy and nutty with more oil mixing in. Excellent blend. Smooth and creamy. Great draw and balance. Gonna miss this one when it finishes up.
    3rd 3rd (KB): Yep, the pepper is ramping up now. I love this cigar.
    Cigar is now medium/full. Most of the sweetness is gone and been replaced by spice. I feel it all over my tongue now, and the retrohale is becoming a bit of a kick to my nasal nuts. This cigar is wrapping up to be a pepper powerhouse. Much like the initial lighting of a fresh Opus. It would get old if it was the whole cigar, but this one has ramped up nicely and I am loving it.

Overall impression (Me): Awesome.
    Overall impression (KB): No Comment

Thanks KB for sharing the cigar, and the review!

Will & KingBeefy

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Nice reviews guys, and way to double-post to pad your count (likely using the maximum photo excuse -- I've used it myself).

By the way, if you try this multi-review thing with more than 2 people you will be entering the realm of MEGA ReviewTM and that has been trademarked (note the TM). So unless you want to be sued...

The celebration was for William, yeah? Great cigar to celebrate with!
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Nice reviews guys, and way to double-post to pad your count (likely using the maximum photo excuse -- I've used it myself).

By the way, if you try this multi-review thing with more than 2 people you will be entering the realm of MEGA ReviewTM and that has been trademarked (note the TM). So unless you want to be sued...

The celebration was for William, yeah? Great cigar to celebrate with!
    Yep, it was for William©

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Did somebody say Mega Review? I'm still in.

Thread Information