Smoke(s) Bolivar ~ Lonsdale 2001
Drink(s): Troegs IPA (me); Woodford Reserve (Kingbeefy)
Tunes: Joe Walsh (me); Jack White (KB)
Date Smoked: 8-10-14

Wrapper: ISOM
Binder: ISOM
Filler: ISOM
Draw: Me: Medium / KB: Medium
Burn: (Both) Good
Misc: We are remotely sharing a celebratory smoke, complements of KB

Pre-light (Me): Mottled light brown. Corona style. Good construction, nice hay and musty scent. Medium draw. Light licorice on the cut prelight taste. I think I’m in for a treat…
Pre-light (KB): Light natural shade wrapper. A little rough looking, not bad, just looks like the wrapper has shrunk some due to the age Draw, medium and nice Prelight flavor, slightly sweet tobacco, hint of pepper, and that Cuban taste that always reminds me a bit if grass.

[B][SIZE="3"]Light (Both): Easy with matches for badwhale. Medium draw. KB Light with a bic; Easy light

1st 3rd (Me): Tannic and medium body. Grassy hay flavors, and some light oil. Woodsy and nutty notes. Very relaxing, and a great blend. Really smooth. Salty background notes.
1st 3rd (KB): Flavors much the same as the prelight, silky smooth, mouth coating creamy smoke Mild to medium strength The mild pepper is instantly gone except the faintest hint on retrohale I had a different flavor in the prelight I couldn't quite pin down so I didn't mention it, but it's still there and reminds me a little of the clove cigarettes I smoked in high school Still in the first third and I'm starting to get some nice baking spices. One of the smoothest retrohales I have ever had.

Ash (Me): Holds ok. Around 1”, light gray and mottled.
Ash (KB): Ash fell at about an inch.