Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know

1. Default Did you know

Puff.com went tits up. Jon the guy that tried to buy this place died. The co-owner shut it down. No more puff. A few of them made a new board. Seems like they lost most of the asshats on the new place. Stogie and Jon mixed it up and Senior Lopez got fired.

Anyway I'm gonna be here more often. My life has been a damn soap opra...No more.

Blog Entries

Wow. I was never a fan of the guy but I'm sad to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family and friends.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

3. Default

Great to see you back Sarge. Sad Caputo died,he was just a business man trying to make money .Lopez gets no sympathy from me he is a turd and gets what he deserves.
    The older I get ,the better I was

4. Default

Condolences to his family.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Puff.com went tits up. Jon the guy that tried to buy this place died. The co-owner shut it down. No more puff. A few of them made a new board. Seems like they lost most of the asshats on the new place. Stogie and Jon mixed it up and Senior Lopez got fired.

Anyway I'm gonna be here more often. My life has been a damn soap opra...No more.
    Dang, sorry to hear the news about caputo....not so sorry about puff or yeasty.
    Got any links? I can't find crap, but my google-fu is pretty weak.

Blog Entries

Wow. RIP
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

I saw something on that CigarBum site where it said Jon Caputo had passed away "some time" ago and someone was running the site, not communicating with the "mods" very much then just shut it down. I remember seeing some post in other places around last September about poof.com going under which may have been the time Mr. Caputo passed away but that's just a guess on my part.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

8. Default

Actually I read about his passing on ar15.com. There are several cigar and pipe guys there that were on Puff. From what they told me Lopez got booted in a not so friendly way.

9. Default

Yea...seems she's taking the other puff road.
    caputomedia is dead too.

https://www.facebook.com/sharicaputo?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

(cached due to no account):
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Blog Entries

cigarbum is the forum set up by ex-puff mods.
    Not much to be found there about puff's demise outside of innuendo of all kinds of behind the scenes cloak and dagger stuff.

Blog Entries

Actually I read about his passing on ar15.com. There are several cigar and pipe guys there that were on Puff. From what they told me Lopez got booted in a not so friendly way.

I'm absolutely SHOCKED! that a fine, upstanding gentleman such as Daniel Lopez would be treated in such a manner.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Whats your name on AR15 forums?
    I tend to hang out in the dungeon with the rest of the idiots in GD.

Can't say ill miss puff.com
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Whats your name on AR15 forums?
    I tend to hang out in the dungeon with the rest of the idiots in GD.

Can't say ill miss puff.com
    I think he goes by either "SFG75" or "Maduro Scotty"
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    I think he goes by either "SFG75" or "Maduro Scotty"
    I go by KenM...Mainly use the forum to find deals on various gear.

I really don't want to sound like sour grapes - but this was so destined to happen. I pause to reflect on the departure of a member of the online cigar community - but I'm strangely not shedding many tears. I'm sorry - I'm trying, but it's just not working. Mr. Caputo was not cut of the material of those folks that truly inspire me...

For those of you that were not there during the hay day of puff.com - this situation is a quandry for those of us that were there. There were some down and dirty things done at the beginning of that regime - too many to list in a short post. Let's just say - the folks behind Puff.com were not the kind of nice people they would have liked you to believe.

Right now (for me) it is like gawking at the scene of a horrendous train crash - you just gotta know what the heck happened... Not that it's a surprise (the only surprise was it took this long...). I'd love to know the back story on what happened to Daniel Lopez. That guy was creepy from the start - all of the bad traits I've seen in just about every nightmare that's graced the online cigar communities. Interesting that he's not resurfaced anywhere else. Perhaps he's saving himself for something great!?!?

I've tried to dig into the details of Mr. Caputo's untimely death - and I'm not finding a doggone thing. Which is rather strange. The guy did seem to have some $$$ and (at least in his mind) represented authority/power. But I'm seeing all sorts of indications that things were not as Mr. Caputo wanted them to be. That SEO stuff really is really creepy - it's designed to make something appear bigger/better than it actually is. Perhaps it's karma - Mr. Caputo was right in the midst of all of that SEO business. Here in his death he's completely slipped into anonymity. ...and boy it sure appears his wife Ms. Shari has moved on. From what I'm seeing she's not at all what she once was. I'm not seeing anything from anyone praising him for being any sort of decent human being. Which truly is sad. Was Mr. Caputo's life truly a life worth living? I hope when I pass I will leave at least some sort of small void - and folks will miss me.

RIP, Jon - RIP...

Blog Entries

Yep, those were some interesting days. In with a very big bang.....then out with a barely a whimper. An uneeded revolution, with very short legs.
    It will be equally interesting for me to watch the development of the "new" forum created by the members for the members; I think I've heard that a few times before.

It is odd, as you also said GG, that there is virtually nothing available online about caputo's passing. It has been posted elsewhere that it was a year and a half ago, so perhaps any online stuff has been purged or locked or something, but that's funny too, I can still find my pop's stuff from 2011.

In any regard, RIP jon.

17. Default

puff is back up.i got an email in my spam folder. It's true
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Got an email in my spam folder too.

That $hithole is just as bad as ever, banning people, locking threads, deleting posts, etc.

Not a place I'd participate at, that's for sure.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    snip.....

That $hithole is just as bad as ever, banning people, locking threads, deleting posts, etc.

Not a place I'd participate at, that's for sure.
    No way, seriously? I'm completely shocked that such things happened there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    No way, seriously? I'm completely shocked that such things happened there.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information