Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
Ok, that made me hungry! The roast looks great and I have to admit, I've never done steaks directly on the coals like that. When I was a kid out at the lake we used to smack each other's hotdogs into the coals because they taste better that way....lol.....so I'm guessing the steaks would too.

Just out of curiosity, those look like deboned rib steaks (one of my favorite cuts), how much per pound for that cut of beef where you are? Our prices went up quite a bit this past fall and I'm curious how we compare. If memory serves me, we're now paying about $15/lb. Last summer it was more in the area of $10/lb
They were ribeyes and I believe they were around $9 per pound, I know they weren't over $10. That was the first time I have tried that. I saw Alton Brown do something similar on the Food Network several years ago and I just happened to stumble upon the idea again last week. They ended up being amazing. Salt and pepper is all I put on them and they cooked perfect, well seared (but not burnt) on the outside and a good medium-rare on the inside. I highly recommend it.