I went to the Big Smoke event in Las Vegas a few weeks ago for the first time. I collected a butt load of cigars and when I got home I put them in a dedicated desktop humidor to rest for a while.

Opened the lid this morning and almost got knocked out by the ammonia smell. Guess I should probably let them rest a while.

The event itself was a bit of a letdown. They did provide good food. When I walked in they gave me a coupon book. Had to tear out each page and go up to the booth to collect a cigar. Probably would have been ok except the booths were scattered all over and there was a good 5-30 minute wait in each line. Each line went past 3 or 4 manufacturers, so I had to repeat the process 7 or 8 times. The cigars they were giving out were hardly worth the price of admission or the effort to get them, but let's face it, it was an excuse to go to Las Vegas.

I did find a great place to smoke, tho. Discovered the Parasol Down at the Wynn. If you ever have a chance, give it a try. The drinks aren't cheap, but the experience is totally worth it.

We also stopped into the new Davidoff store at the Fashion Mall. They were having their grand opening and we got to talk to a couple of the cigar manufacturers who stopped in after the event. Tried their Puro D'Oro and was impressed.