Thread: Be thankful we have CS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I see entitlement, and douchebaggery, but I also see a lot of courage and giving where I am.

My 2 cents is that social media has really taken a toll on (all) forums, as well as anti-smoking campaigns specific to cigar forums.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I see entitlement, and douchebaggery, but I also see a lot of courage and giving where I am.

My 2 cents is that social media has really taken a toll on (all) forums, as well as anti-smoking campaigns specific to cigar forums.
    You are 100% correct. What's too bad is almost all of those forums (whether it be car forums, pachinko forums or diesel engine forums) with less traffic than ten years ago keep asking themselves "why" and just like what's going on at HP right now, too many people think that "trolling" and "unpleasantness" are bigger problems than they actually are.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Seems as if we've had almost the exact same discussions here.

4. Default

HP is good and bad and different from CS. I troll and I have been responsible for members leaving probably . Anybody who has met me knows I am not some psyco and some people are very thin skinned by nature. We talk loud and ornery at herfs and still have each others back. Online communities are kind of like a workplace ,people who you get along with,ones you like,ones you avoid and ones you wouldn't whip your dick out and piss on them if they were on fire. Id piss on anybody here if'n they were on fire LOL
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    HP is good and bad and different from CS. I troll and I have been responsible for members leaving probably . Anybody who has met me knows I am not some psyco and some people are very thin skinned by nature. We talk loud and ornery at herfs and still have each others back. Online communities are kind of like a workplace ,people who you get along with,ones you like,ones you avoid and ones you wouldn't whip your dick out and piss on them if they were on fire. Id piss on anybody here if'n they were on fire LOL
    I think there is a whole lot of need for "instant gratification" in online communities. Members seem to want to be immediately accepted into a community based upon a post that contains 100 characters or less.

This speaks to what Kevin says - if you first encounter Kevin on a board you'd likely think he's some kind of ogre/troll. It's not until you get past the first 100 characters that you realize Kevin's really a beastly brute with a kind heart (sorry Kevin - you are what you are... ).

I'm still 100% in belief of the adage - "What is always a constant is there will be change..." The question is - how do we now adapt to the change so that this community does not die?

6. Default

Have a good thought for PMF,his wife died while he did cpr on her. Childhood friends and she was only 62. Ive never met him personally but years of interaction with him I know he is in a bad place that he will have to heal and rise out of.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Saw that. Wish I had posted there some so I could express my condolences. I've read a shitload of his posts....seems like an ok guy.
    Can't imagine what he must be feeling.

Thread Information