Good cheap cigars... That's the holy grail of cigar smoking!

I've been in a number of cigar stores in the Houston area - but not a regular customer (I visit occasionally). I've found most of the stores are not much different than my local shop. The local shops have a good selection of more reasonably priced cigars and factory seconds. I'm sure I can find them cheaper elsewhere, but they're not completely out of line. I'm certain if you experiment you'll settle on a decent cigar at a reasonable price.

But - "cheap" is a relative term. What I consider "cheap" might not what you consider "cheap". Not a huge fan of 5 Vegas (a good cigar, but not my cup of tea). I personally like the Cuestra Reys, the RP Edge Maduros, Padron 1000 series, etc. if I want a cheaper smoke. I'd much rather pay the extra buck or two for a better cigar.

But if I really want to go into nirvana - those damned Davidoff #1's completely blow me away... Pricey, but IMHO well worth the extra $$$.

Bottom line - the best part of the quest is to sample as many cigars as you can. The fun is in the search!!!