Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
There are so damned many chemicals in the air, the ground and the water it does not much matter what eats who where. You oughta see what and how they feed chickens. Beef? Pffftttt... I used to love salmon until concerns were raised about mercury. Mercury? I used to roll a ball of that in the palm of my hand, chasing boredom! Hell - I'd go back to caveman days if I wouldn't miss my iPhone too doggone much!
LOL - I wouldn't miss the "second wife" either. In fact, my cell phone rang one year while I was out hunting at an inconvenient moment and somehow ended up going under the truck wheels not once, not twice, but thrice! Sadly, with my wife ill, not taking it with me places is no longer an option so its stays firmly in place on it's holster on my belt *sigh*

Oh, I'm going to be trying for some burbot in the near future. Locally some call then "ling cod" because they kind of look like a ling cod but they're more similar to a cat as they're bottom feeders. Apparently you have to clean them the same way you would a cat and they're supposed to have meat like a cat and be great eating. Also, the limit is a lot higher here in Alberta for burbot than it is for my favorite, walleye. Most lakes here there is no take home limit and in the ones where you can, you can only take one per person. Burbot limit is 10 That's on the lakes, the river running through town has a 3 walleye limit so I'm going to go hunting my favorite fish on the river too. And, it's a lot closer to home than the nearest lake with a take home limit for walleye (35 min drive, the river, about 4 min's.........lol)

Oh, great news for me on the fishing front.............I inherited the family boat (16' aluminum Starcraft with an open bow) that my dad bought new in 78 and have converted it (mostly) into a fishing boat. I added a bow mounted electric trolling motor, pedestal seats and a depth finder. Had it out last weekend and caught about 30 walleye between my friend and I on Sat/Sun. Going to take the wife out ASAP as she loves fishing and has never fished walleye.