Thread: More Surgery On The Way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Take what you can get. I'll be sending positive vibes in your direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck! Everyone I know that's had the same said it was night & day after.

I know all about knee issues and I've heard good things about the replacement surgery. I am hoping to avoid it but I've had arthroscopic <sp> surgery on my left knee twice and the right once already so I'm sure the day will come when I have to as well.

I'll keep you in my prayers that everything goes well and your recovery is quick!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I've had 16 surgeries in the last 4 years to fix the leg I broke and just had another significant surgery at the end of July to replace the broken rod in my leg (I'll be getting around in a walking boot for the next 6 months...). And I really could do without another surgery! LOL

In my time in rehab I worked side by side with a lot of folks that had knee replacements. To a person - they all raved about the positive after effects of the surgery. It completely changed their lives - probably the one surgery that will have the biggest positive impact on you. If you can tolerate the first 48 hours after surgery, the rest is completely downhill.

The only caveat I would say (given my personal situation - someone was kind enough to pass on a case of MRSA - which led to them cutting out large chunks of bone...) - make DAMN sure people around you glove up and clean/wash their hands before they touch you. You do not want those MRSA bugs to get around, near or in the wounds. Be a fanatic about it - no one else will...

Good luck!

5. Default

MRSA scares the crap outa me...Seen it many times. It's the main reason I used literally thousands of rubber gloves at work. Looking forward to walking correctly again.

Thread Information