Thread: I really enjoy this forum

Default I really enjoy this forum

I'm relatively new to cigars, I smoked cigarettes for over 25 years before quitting around 6 years ago. A few months ago I had an opportunity to get some cigars very cheap with a promotional coupon from Mikes and I figured it would be worth a shot. Like anything, moderation is the key for me, I don't want another tobacco addiction like I had with the cigarettes, so I limit my cigars to one or two a week. Reading this forum I've written down a lot of brands, types and styles that you all seem to really enjoy. From my limited experience I have taken a liking to maduro wrappers, Nicaraguan tobacco, not a fan of sun grown for some reason. I'm having to mail order almost all of my sticks since where I live there's only one tobacco store within reasonable driving distance. From this forum I've learned how to make some do it yourself storage and how to use Bovedo packs the right way. Without having to ask a single question, using the forums search feature I found every answer to every question I had.

This page doesn't get a huge amount of traffic which is fine by me, it makes it a lot easier to keep up with new posts.
    Just basically wanted to say THANKS to y'all for having such a good resource of information so readily available. I feel like I'm in good company here.

Cheers! Congrats on the cessation of cigarette consumption!

Blog Entries

Welcome. Glad to hear you are finding your way around. I hope you enjoy your stay and don't give up on sungrown altogether just yet. Just anything else there are really good ones and there are some shitty ones. Stay away from the latter imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Hola from down south. Good to see you here.
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Hi from the Great White North!

My story is similar to your own. Chain smoked cigs, quit, started cigars, found this forum, learned a lot on my own and started to take part. I like the easy pace of this forum and they're a great bunch of guys.

If you haven't yet, I would recommend taking advantage of a newbie sampler or two or three. I did several and was VERY happy I did. It's a great way to get to try some good cigars and stick to a budget at the same time.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

welcome
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Welcome man!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

8. Default

Greetings...

Blog Entries

LOL @ your location
    In a van down by the river
    One of our original members "Rohan" used that as his "location" as well.

You guys aren't married to one another or anything like that are you?

Other than me being a wise-ass, WELCOME!

I also agree with your observation about this place not getting a lot of traffic. I used to smoke a whole lot more cigars ten to 15 years ago and was extremely active on lots of cigar boards. You really need to have a LOT of time on your hands to keep up with the bigger, more active forums and I simply don't have that luxury these days. Nowadays, I no longer keeps 1000+ cigars in three coolerdors in my basement, I pretty much just buy cigars one at a time and smoke a few a month.

So I like the pace here and know all the "regulars" pretty well, we have a good group here.

Stick around and become one of the regulars, I think you'll like it.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-26-2016 at 10:40 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information