Thread: Johnny O Split

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Sampler 1 is gone. That's the one I had my eye on too but we missed it. I have messaged him but I haven't ordered yet so I'll check on some rum for you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

For those that don't know, Anejo Reserva is the bottom-of-the-line; the dark rum counterpart to the white Anejo 3 year. To me, the Reserva is a good rum for a Cuba Libre (rum and coke), while the white is for Mojito's. If you're interested in sipping, then I'd recommend a litre of HC7 well over a litre of Anejo Reserva.

For comparison, Anejo Reserva sells here for $30USD for 1.14 litres (40 imp fl. oz, 1 imp. quart); the same price as Flor de Cana 5 year or Bacardi Gold. HC7 is on sale locally right now; 0.75 litre for $22.50USD - and would normally be about the same price as Bacard 8 year or Flor de Cana 7 year. (Add in $20US+ for postage and the risk and the J-O prices make sense.)

Unfortunately, Seleccion de Maestros (a.k.a. Cuban Barrel Proof) is currently not available locally - but I would strongly recommend it as a sipping rum over HC7. I stopped buying HC7 when Cuban Barrel Proof was introduced a few years ago - I bought a half-case, and I am down to my last bottle .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information