Thread: T150

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSpencer View Post
    I need your opinion. Sometimes I get super pumped up and feel like I need a motorcycle. I'd like to get something I can "tinker on". BUT it kinda feels like a money trap. Similar to home brewing? Do you have any recommendations for a starter bike? What to look for. Something I can drive around the neighborhood and pretend I'm el Che?
    I'd probably recommend and older Honda with low miles. Something in the 500cc or less realm. There's still stuff to tinker on, or tinker it to the point of a cafe racer style bike.

I wouldn't say mine have been "money pits" but like any vehicle, it depends. I probably have spent a collective $400 to get these two back on the road this year. I don't know what your budget is.

They are definitely have more frequent maintenance issues compared to a car (in general)
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I'd probably recommend and older Honda with low miles. Something in the 500cc or less realm. There's still stuff to tinker on, or tinker it to the point of a cafe racer style bike.

I wouldn't say mine have been "money pits" but like any vehicle, it depends. I probably have spent a collective $400 to get these two back on the road this year. I don't know what your budget is.

They are definitely have more frequent maintenance issues compared to a car (in general)
    Right on. Thanks Badwhale!

Thread Information