Thread: 2005 Las Vegas Big Smoke

Default 2005 Las Vegas Big Smoke

The 2005 Las Vegas Big Smoke is on November 4-6. Has anyone ever attended one of these? I am considering going this year. It looks like it would be a lot of fun, and educational! You get 20 free smokes from various vendors just for going I am wondering if anyone has gone, is it worth it to buy the ticket for all 3 days, or is just one night of the Big Smoke enough?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

I've heard mixed reviews on these. I think the larger organized herfs like the LOL Herf in Springfield, IL on Columbus Day weekend is a much better time that those Big Smoke Deals.

CigarWeekly has a big one in Reno, NV in January.

If I were you, I'd hit one of those instead.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

None of those are in LAS VEGAS though And after being there this summer I gotta head back soon It's like $175 for one night, $495 for three nights I think I'll just get a one night ticket anyways, that's pricey enough Anyone else gonna go?
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I've heard mixed reviews on these. I think the larger organized herfs like the LOL Herf in Springfield, IL on Columbus Day weekend is a much better time that those Big Smoke Deals.

CigarWeekly has a big one in Reno, NV in January.

If I were you, I'd hit one of those instead.
    Do you know where I can find out more about the one on Columbus Day in Springfield? That is close enough to make a weekend trip. An info would be appriciated.

Roham..

GTPHALE and I will be attending the big smoke..

It will be our first time going to one of these events.
    I think the whole experience is about enjoying the different BOTL's you will meet and talking with the different vendors and creators about this hobby..and also attending some of the seminars they will be offering.. If you are just going to get some freebies than you probably wont enjoy yourself! also they wont give you anything spectacular as I have heard..

But we are Vegas whores..so we will be partying it up alot..LOL!

We are also hitting up S.E.M.A. and one night for the Big smoke.!! We are also meeting other ppl out there.. and some local las vegans for some herfing action..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Do you know where I can find out more about the one on Columbus Day in Springfield? That is close enough to make a weekend trip. An info would be appriciated.
    Land of Lincoln Herf
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7. Default

I haven't attnded one yet, but I am going to try to go to one in the near future...
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Thanks CC, that answered my questions. I will try and attend.

LOL should be a good time also..
    ggiese me and gtphale will also be attending that event..LOL!!

I'm wanting to go but can't make it maybe next year.

S.E.M.A is on the same weekend? My friend is going to that, so I guess he will be coming with me to the big smoke! Sounds like an awsome time. Let me know what day you are buying your ticket for.

I just noticed you had already posted a thread about this in the Aficionados section
    Last edited by Roham; 08-08-2005 at 07:02 PM.

SEMA is NOV 1-4

I have to talk to hale and see what day we are going to be going..

Ill let you know what we decide.

Also book your rooms early for Vegas.. The weeken of SEMA is crazy..hotels sell out and they jack up the prices as it gets closer!!

I think I am going to book my tickets on Saturday, cause on Friday I will probably be at SEMA.

Thread Information