Thread: Cutter Problem?

Default Cutter Problem?

I smoked a Padron 2000 Maduro last night. It is a very firm cigar. I had a problem getting the cutter to go through it. I really had to give it a lot of pressure. I did not have that problem with my other cigars. Could the cutter be going dull, or is that particular cigar just really firm and hard to cut?

i would be a hill of beans that your cutter is getting dull. All the cigars I've ever bought were not hard to cut until my cutter started geting dull, then I would toss it and buy a new one and lo and behold, no more problems for months.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I'll order another cutter then. I just didn't want to spend the money on a new cutter if that wasn't the problem.

this is where a quality cutter comes into play.

stay away from those cheapie ones that are by the counter of every cigar store..they tend to be dull blades and cheap plastic..

I have gone from using a xikar x1 to using a Xikar multitool.. the price is not so bad.. and it beats having to replace them every other month..plus the lifetime gaurantee works for me.

The cutter is a gullitine cutter, it is not plastic, but it did not cost $30 either. It is a couple years old. I'll check out some more cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp

stay away from those cheapie ones that are by the counter of every cigar store..they tend to be dull blades and cheap plastic..

I have gone from using a xikar x1 to using a Xikar multitool.. the price is not so bad.. and it beats having to replace them every other month..plus the lifetime gaurantee works for me.

i just got a Xikar a few months ago. Just curious, how long do they go before you have to send them back for sharpening?
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp

I agree, a nice cutter is better then a bunch of cheapies. I love my Xikar, money well spent.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    i just got a Xikar a few months ago. Just curious, how long do they go before you have to send them back for sharpening?

I think they make that claim cause it should never need sharpening. But, once in a blue moon they might dull a bit, especially for us hard core smokers I just got mine a couple months ago too so I have no idea really...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thread Information