Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 98 CD?

Default Windows 98 CD?

Hey, I am trying to fix an old notebook computer. My older brother got a new computer and he said that I could have this one. I have a notebook that runs Windows XP and do not want to screw it up downloading music and video files as he did to the notebook he gave to me. I wanted to wipe out the hard drive and reload windows 98 and strictly use it for downloads. The only problem is, he cannot seem to find his windows 98 load cd. I contacted Microsoft and they still wanted a ridiculous price for a windows 98 cd (even though it is nearly obsolite). So I was wondering if anyone out there had a copy of a cd that I could have. I willing to pay shipping or whatever is worked out for it.

I'll take a look around and see if I have one.

Thank you, it would be appriciated.

I think I do also, give me a day or two and I will see what I find.

Whats it worth?
    I have an unopened windows 98 (distributed with dell) CD with Key Code.
    Ready to be shipped.

Last edited by alexgtp; 08-09-2005 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp
    Whats it worth?
    I have an unopened windows 98 (distributed with dell) CD with Key Code.
    Ready to be shipped.
    What would you like for it? How about I buy you some cigars and have them sent to you. Tell me what you think is fair.

I only smoke habanos..

M.O. would be ok.. I will also include a dark side treat

plus $4.10 for shipping usps with DC#.

I am not familiar with any brands of Habanos...plus I live in the U.S. so getting them would not be possible. How about another offer?
    Last edited by Jonsey5484; 08-09-2005 at 04:19 PM.

My friend, try crackspider. Or of course Kazah or EMule, plenty of images to go around. No point in incriminating anyone else.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

10. Default

I have 95 and a 98 Upgrade CD that requires you to have 95 or earlier currently installed. I do have ME if you want to upgrade to that.

Also, I have been very much into HP laptops, so if you have an Omnibook, I may have the full restoration CD.
    Bitte geehrter Herr, stoppen das Spinnen der Welt, ich möchte weg erhalten.

ME really blows. 98 is better

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    ME really blows. 98 is better
    I can't help but totally agree, however 98 was cr*p as well, 3.1 was better an that's a serious comment.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by RealPurobrat
    I have 95 and a 98 Upgrade CD that requires you to have 95 or earlier currently installed. I do have ME if you want to upgrade to that.

Also, I have been very much into HP laptops, so if you have an Omnibook, I may have the full restoration CD.
    I just need the full installation CD for Windows 98. With ME, it has probably been set up to only run on a certain computer like an HP or something. I have a Toshiba labtop. Thanks anyways.

Ok.. nevermind than ..geeez...

i was not asking for habanos.. I can get them it i need them.. i was asking for monitary reimbursement..and i in return would of sent you the CD and a dark side treat..

Oh well good luck..

Jonesy, Alex will be at the get together this Sunday and could bring his disc there. Honestly though Alex, a windows 98 cd that came free with a purchase of a dell computer is pretty worthless (and this isn't a general comment on Microsoft products which are of course worthless). Windows 98 CD's are like AOL CD's from 3-4 years ago, everybody has one laying around somewhere, underneath some pop-can, the question is, can we find ours? I personally cannot because I would never support satan by purchaing a winblows machine
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    I just need the full installation CD for Windows 98. With ME, it has probably been set up to only run on a certain computer like an HP or something. I have a Toshiba labtop. Thanks anyways.

Nope, the ME I have came straight from Microsoft, will work on any computer with enough juice. BUT as Drake says, ME blows anyway. As for the Toshiba, I don't have anything for those, mine are all HP or Compaq Notebooks. Sorry I didn't have anything to help ya out. Good luck anyway.
    Bitte geehrter Herr, stoppen das Spinnen der Welt, ich möchte weg erhalten.

I can't find mine, sorry guy.
    I have a strange feeling it was one of the CD's I used for skeet shooting with my pellet gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Jonesy, Alex will be at the get together this Sunday and could bring his disc there. Honestly though Alex, a windows 98 cd that came free with a purchase of a dell computer is pretty worthless (and this isn't a general comment on Microsoft products which are of course worthless). Windows 98 CD's are like AOL CD's from 3-4 years ago, everybody has one laying around somewhere, underneath some pop-can, the question is, can we find ours? I personally cannot because I would never support satan by purchaing a winblows machine

LOL!! so true..

I have so many laying around.. Might start using them as reflectors for my otterbox..

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

I believe I have a windows 98 and windows 98 se disc at home! the problen is.....im not home at the moment, and i wont be until saturday the 20th.....so if you cant find one by then ill be glad to send it your way for a stogie or two.

Quote Originally Posted by dHUTCH
    I believe I have a windows 98 and windows 98 se disc at home! the problen is.....im not home at the moment, and i wont be until saturday the 20th.....so if you cant find one by then ill be glad to send it your way for a stogie or two.
    When you are home, send me a PM. I would be glad to send you a few cigars for the CD. Make sure you still have the Code to install it! Thanks!

Thread Information