Thread: Redbirds Rule!

Default Redbirds Rule!

The St. Louis Cardinals are headed back to the Series. With MVP Albert Pujols and Cy Young winner Chris Carpenter, they can't miss.

I don't care if the 'Stros are hot, or how good the Braves look, it's not gonna happen for them. Even with four starters currently on the DL, the Cards just keep on winning--now 30-plus games over .500.

Let's hear from you Redbird fans!

Blog Entries

We'll see...........

Since 5/24, the Astros have a better record than the Cardinals. Yep, the Astros may not be able to catch the Cardinals but I think the Astros are in the driver's seat for the Wild Card.

My guess is this will be a repeat of last year, the Cardinals thump some lousy sub .500 team from the NL West in the first round and the Braves and the Astros will battle it out to see who faces the Cardinals in the NLCS.

Of course I'm still holding out hope the Astros can catch the Cardinals. We've got nine more home games left on the schedule than the Cardinals do and the Astros have the best home record in the majors.

Again, we shall see...........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

3. Default

Stros ain't gonna catch the Cards...How about a side bet there CC?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Stros ain't gonna catch the Cards...How about a side bet there CC?
    Nope, while I hope it will happen, I won't bet on it. There are a whole series of dorks on CockyHoskins "CockyTalk" site who think their shitty footbal team (University of South Carolina) will win all these games . One guy over there bet someone $100.00 that they would beat ALL THREE of these teams this year:

Alabama
    Georgia
    Auburn

AND HE WAS SERIOUS. Of course before the guy who had the other side of the bet could collect it, Cocky banned him. And I'm sure some of you wonder why I think CockyHoskins is an asshole, IT'S BECAUSE HE IS.

Anyway, I got sidetracked, yes I would like to think the Astros will catch the Cardinals but on the rare occasions I bet, I use reason rather than emotion so, no thanks, I'll pass

See if grand cru no 2 will take you up on it
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Something you forget, CC:

Last time St. Louis played Houston, they swept em three straight, beating Pettite, Oswalt, and the Rocket.

So, if the 'Stros don't do any better head-to-head than that, it doesn't matter who has more home games, road games, etc....

Just hope the Braves roll over like last yeat in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull

Last time St. Louis played Houston, they swept em three straight, beating Pettite, Oswalt, and the Rocket.

So, if the 'Stros don't do any better head-to-head than that, it doesn't matter who has more home games, road games, etc....

Nope, I didn't forget it. In two of those games, the breaks went the Cardinals way and they got lucky. We've got six more with St. Louis and if the Astros don't at least split those, there's no hope.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by Bull

SFW. The 'stros are a historically 2nd half team and this season is no exception. When the "Red Coats" meet up with the Good Guys again, things will be different.

And Sarge, I won't bet that the Astros will catch SL. While I do believe that the 'stros will win a large % of their remainding games, I don't think SL will lose a large % of theirs. There just isn't enough time left in the reg. season for them to catch them.

On the other hand I will offer this bet:

1 box of Sancho Panza Dbl Maduro Quixote that the Good Guys will take at least 3 of the last 5 games they play against SL.

What do you say?

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

That's an interesting bet, I'll bet you a box of Padron 1926's that the Cubs not only don't make it within 10 games of the wildcard this year, they won't make the playoffs next year, and in fact, will not win a world series until the apocolypse
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

whatever.. go SOXS

Boston 66 47 .584 - 36-18 30-29 22-26 16-7 16-8 12-6 8-2 W4 (5 games up)

Houston 62 52 .544 10.5 38-16 24-36 15-14 23-21 17-9 7-8 5-5 W2 (10.5 games down)

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    whatever.. go SOXS

Boston 66 47 .584 - 36-18 30-29 22-26 16-7 16-8 12-6 8-2 W4 (5 games up)

Houston 62 52 .544 10.5 38-16 24-36 15-14 23-21 17-9 7-8 5-5 W2 (10.5 games down)
    Yeah! Go Sox! WHITE SOX!!!

Boston is gonna get their clock cleaned tonight by Chicago!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

I will not cheer for the White Sox, but I loathe the Red Sox even more, so I will say I hope the White Sox sweep the BoSox.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information