Thread: you want to quit smoking???Try nosmoq...

chary Guest

Angry you want to quit smoking???Try nosmoq...

[Original Post Deleted]
    Last edited by hex1848; 02-22-2005 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Links to a banned site in Google "Bad neighborhood".

Moved to advertisements

Blog Entries

I'm really close to saying no more stupid "quit smoking ads"

They need to learn the meaning of "choose your audience"!

Blog Entries

Yeah, people generally don’t come here to quit smoking. They come here to learn about and discuss cigars. I don't know many people that are addicted to cigars for the nicotine. Cigar smoking is to me an experience. If I wanted the nicotine I would buy a can of Skoal or a pack of Camel Lights.

yes....i am addicted....i smoke 2 to 3 boxes of cigars a day....i need to quit....that ad saved my life.

by god how could i have been so blind!

Blog Entries

well said

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    yes....i am addicted....i smoke 2 to 3 boxes of cigars a day....i need to quit....that ad saved my life.

by god how could i have been so blind!
    God, could you imagine really smoking two to three boxes per day. You would have to change your name to Mark Twain.

Blog Entries

But I never smoke to excess--that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time.

--Mark Twain
    Last edited by hex1848; 02-15-2005 at 03:16 PM.

great mark twain quote!

"When I was a youth I used to take all kinds of pledges, and do my best to keep them, but I never could, because I didn't strike at the root of the habit--the desire; I generally broke down within the month. Once I tried limiting a habit. That worked tolerably well for a while. I pledged myself to smoke but one cigar a day. I kept the cigar waiting until bedtime, then I had a luxurious time with it. But desire persecuted me every day and all day long; so, within the week I found myself hunting for larger cigars than I had been used to smoke; then larger ones still, and still larger ones. Within the fortnight I was getting cigars made for me--on a yet larger pattern. They still grew and grew in size. Within the month my cigar had grown to such proportions that I could have used it as a crutch. It now seemed to me that a one-cigar limit was no real protection to a person, so I knocked my pledge on the head and resumed my liberty."

- Following the Equator, Mark Twain

I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time. ~ Mark Twain

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. ~ Mark Twain

If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go. ~ Mark Twain

To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did, I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times. ~ Mark Twain

Thread Information