Thread: Large humidor needed!!!

Question Large humidor needed!!!

I need a big humidor that can accomodate my massive colection of cigars. I currently am using 3 humidors to store what I can and I still have boxes everywere. I have at least 800 loose sticks and 20 plus boxes that need to be humidified. I'm not looking for a commerial style one that you could buy on ebay. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

Here is a few links I found while searching for a cabinet humidor. I hope this helps. There are tons more too if you just look around a bit.

http://www.avallohumidors.com/
    http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/...nsenlarge.html
    http://www.cigarsolutions.com/AvaDDD.html
    http://www.cheaphumidors.com/
    http://www.tampahumidor.com/sitedire...45610727067CA2

Oh, and welcome to the board Let us know what you decide to get.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I just sent you a Private Message too.
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

If I were you, I'd start setting up coolerdors. You only need about five 120 quart coolers to accomodate the number of cigars you have. Those alledged 2000 to 3000 cigar humis NEVER hold what they claim to.

Store your loose sticks in cedar cigar boxes inside the coolers.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Coolerdor would be the way to go.

I've got a coolidor going right now. Still it's nice to have a cabinet to display your stogies.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    I've got a coolidor going right now. Still it's nice to have a cabinet to display your stogies.
    yeah but with all the money you save you can buy more cigars
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    yeah but with all the money you save you can buy more cigars
    Yeah...I like your idea. I was thinking about buying a 500 count humidor, but, I could just make a coolidor and spend all that money I saved for cigars to actually fill the humidor.

I don't have a solution, but I wish I had your problem.
    If had that problem I would be like a mad dog in a meathouse.
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

Could anyone give me some ballpark capacity figures for the following cooler sizes?

24 Quart
    36 Quart
    48 Quart

I am looking for the number of cigar boxes that will fit (25 cnt Robusto)
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Got myself a cooler (24 qt), looks like it should hold at least 250 sticks. Picked up a digital hygrometer on ebay, and will be getting some oasis from the local florist soon. Need to find some cedar panelling to finish the thing off but looking good. Will post a photo after holiday of the filled item.

TTFN
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

St. John, go for the beads, not the florist foam, they're so low maintenance, I haven't had to do anything but put them in my humidor this summer. Check out http://www.heartfeltindustries.com and grab a 1 lb. bag of the 65% humidity beads.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information