Thread: Flavored Cigars

Default Flavored Cigars

Now i'm not really a big flavored fan, but lately I've been trying a few and I'm kinda liking. What flavored cigars do you guys recomend for me to try?

A Padron 5000 and a piece of gum of your choosing.

FYI - don't expect much help here on the flavored cigar topic.

Stay away from White Owl's and Acid's. I've tried Rum Runners and thought they were all right. CAO, Kahlua, and Mayorga make flavored cigars that I've HEARD good things about, but I've never actually tried them myself.

Frankly, I think you should just try some more good cigars. A good cigar doesn't need artificial flavoring.

I've heard only good things on 'Kahlua'. Anyone know of any place online where I can get some cheaply?

java are the only one's i have liked. not too strong on the flavor and you can still taste the tobacco. but they cost a bit more than i'd like to pay for any flavored cigar

Depends on what flavor you are into. I like some of the ACIDs but others I have found lacking any appeal. They definitely try to match the flavor with the tobacco more than the cheap flavored tins which all have the same blend of tobacco treated with different flavors. I would say try one in a few of the ACID lines (each color band seems to lean towards different ends of the spectrum, as far as botanical vs herbal etc) to see if any of those appeal to you and then check out the rest or try the sampler tin if you like them. I personally like the blue/red/purple lines but the gold I didn't really like at all.

The Kahluah and Java cigars are also made by Drew Estates but not part of the ACID family so they don't have the urban artwork packaging and botanical/herbal flavor.

Some people like the CAO flavored cigars like Eileen's dream.

I can see why people used to smoking quality all tobacco smokes wouldn't be into the ACIDs a lot but a lot of the preference is more because of what they expect out of the cigar is different. Me, I can appreciate either and after trying a few of the cheap tobacco with flavor dumped on it type cigars can appreciate the blending of flavors and selection of tobacco to match it properly which goes into the ACID cigars. Plus since they aren't generally marketing towards your average seasoned smoker they are more willing to experiment with new vitolas and wrappers.

bigpoppapuff Guest

tatiana or cojimar are both well made and are the two best selling flavored cigars....

The only flavored cigars I will go near are things around the lines of Maker's Mark and the like. Ones that actually have good tobacco, are hand rolled and you can still taste the tobacco.

The only thing that I have smoked that would be remotely close would be a Rum Runner. I don't know if you could even really consider these flavored cigars or not. I am not a fan of the flavoreds too much.

you can always dip your cigar in fun-dip or powdered Kool-aid.

Thread Information