Thread: Carlos Torano '59 exodus silver

1. Default Carlos Torano '59 exodus silver

Hi all,

I guess I'm a genuine noob. I picked up a selection of Torano robustos at cigarbid a month or so ago. I tried a couple and was not all that impressed so I let them sit in the humidor and enjoyed my other smokes. I just lit a '59 Silver Edition and got a surprise! I reallly like it! After sitting a month at 70% in the humidor it's like a completely different cigar. Is this common? It seems to have a lot less bite and a lot more flavor. Perhaps it arrived a little dry?

Live and learn I guess. From now on I'm going to restrain myself and let the new smokes rest a bit before I lite up.

Allways a good idea, a decent cigar will mature if looked after, just like a fine wine. I allways try to give at least two months between receiving and smoking a cigar (it's hard I know).

This is a good article on the subject.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

3. Default

Thank you for the link, very helpful. Have you done business with Cgarsltd? They have a great site.

I have bought a few things from them and allways found them very good. Also the cheapest here in the UK.

i had one of those a while back... i really liked it... gonna get a fiver soon as i get back to school...

and I always let my cigars sit 3 or 4 weeks after I get em... just let them stabalize and get to a good humidity level... its hard to wait that long... but it helps every smoke be a good one!
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Default Torano Exodus Silvers....

one of my favorite smokes. Especially the Gran Churchill.

I was lucky enough to score a box on a recent trip to FLA!

Great link, I enjoyed the read
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Always glad to share my sources.

We should set up a thread on good internet information sources sometime (or has that already been done).

BTW, if you liked the article, try reading this, the section on humidity setting makes for interesting reading.

Thread Information