Thread: www.canadiancigar.com

Default www.canadiancigar.com

I stumbled across this site on google, and noticed that prices are significantly cheaper than my local store. For example I paid $22 for a Romeo y Julieta #2 Tubo local, and they work out to 8 something each when you buy a box, or 10 dollars as a single.
    What my question really is is whether anyone here has dealt with this site before, and whether I should trust them to be real, and safe etc. Any experiences?

It seems they have a location in Calgary. Maybe if nobody knows anything, I will take a drive up this weekend and check em out.
    Last edited by thepyrofish; 08-16-2005 at 12:21 AM. Reason: New info

Blog Entries

Some of the Canadian sellers of Havanas WILL NOT sell to Canadian citizens because when they ship OUT of the country, they aren't required to charge the tax.

I'd bet that's what the deal is, maybe not but your taxes up there are ridiculous so those prices you quoted sound like no Canadian tax is collected.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Yeah, I was reading more on the site and they mentioned that Alberta orders would have to add provincial tobacco tax. I went and looked it up, 80% with a max of $2.50 per stick.

4. Default

I have dealt with them before and not only are they legit** ,but they have excellent customer service. The reason they are cheaper than many authorized Cuban dealers is because it is a web site only business there is no actual storefront, which cuts down on the operating cost thereby enabling them to offer a superior product at an affordable price. So I suggest you give Darwin (the owner) a call and found out for yourself (I also suggest trying one of his monthly cigar of the month clubs).

**I called the Havana House of Canada (the exclusive importer of Cuban cigars to Canada) and they were able to verify (through a wholesale distributor who purchases from them) that the Canadian Cigar Company is a licensed dealer of Cuban cigars.

http://www.havanahouse.com/

http://www.canadiancigar.com/

Thread Information