This is my first time on the board and I thought I'd introduce myself. Name's David, I'm a newbie out of Brenham, Texas. I recently had myself a cigar at a little get together with some friends. It was nothing special just a 4 or 5 dollar smoke we picked up at the grocery store while we were getting some food for a BBQ. I was intrirqued right off the bat at the taste and superiorty to the cheap brand stuff(swisher sweets, black and milds etc.). So I hopped on the internet and did some searching and reading and ultimately ended up over at CI. I figured since I didnt know what I liked or what was a good cigar I would try one of their samplers. I ended up with the sampler that includes 1 each of:
- 5 Vegas Corona (5.5"x44)
- CAO Gold Robusto (5.0"x50)
- Felipe Dominicana 'C' (5.8"x46)
- Fonseca Connecticut 5-50 (5.0"x50)
- Gurkha Expedition Toro (6.0"x50)
- Indian Tabac SF Toro Maduro (6.0"x52)
- Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Cameroon 'V' (6.7"x56)
- Reserva Maxima Corona by Puros Indios (6.5"x46)

The package looked like it had a wide variety of cigars with a varrying tastes. While I was at it I went ahead and picked up a cheap $20 humidor. I believe it was the cigar jar humidor that holds something like 25 cigars. I figured the price and size was good enough since I'm just getting into the scene.

My package should arrive next week on the 22nd. I was wondering what I should do from there. I know from reading the humidor will need to be "prepped" for the cigars. What do yal recomend I use to get the humidor up to the correct humidity, and how long should I wait til I put the cigars into the container. And my final question, while the humidor is being setup, what should I keep the cigars in so they do not dry out. Since I live in Texas, the AC is always on, if it wasnt we'd all be dead from the heat so, my house is always between the temperatures of 73-76 degrees F.

Comments and suggestions for this newbie are greatly appreciated and I hope my stay on the board will be a long one!