Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Timer

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Welp I had me a stick from the romeo and juliata line today......I wasnt "impressed" but it wasn't bad. I forget which one it was, obiviously it isnt that important because I dont think Ill try another one SOON, but thats not to say I wont later on. I believe the cigar was the one that comes with a cedar shell around it inside the plastic. I also picked up a Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Cameroon while I was at it. I have yet to smoke the Perdomo but I will later this weekend. By the way, I got both these sticks here in Humble, Texas at a place called The Cigar Parlor. Since I dont have a humidor with me or one at all yet, they provided me with a heavy duty plastic bag and I just put a small piece of paper towel in there with some water on it to hopefully keep some sort of humidity in there. The cigar of course is kept in a cooled house (72 degrees) until I get a chance to light it up.

Here we go, I found the reciept from the cigar store. The Romeo.... was a 1875 Cedro Deluxe No. 2. Fellas there at the store were very nice, probably could have been more helpful had I asked for it .

Unhappy Not Impressed?

Wow...I love the RyJ Cedros...I am surprised...I know each to his own taste, but those tend to be very smooth with a coffee and cream flavor...maybe you want something with a more full-bodied flavor? You might try a RyJ Reserve Maduro, or a Partagas Maduro, or perhaps a La Gloria Cubana...if you felt the RyJ Cedro was too strong you might back into the Macanudo line...

Hey David:

Welcome, and you got yourself a nice sampler! I picked the same one up at Cbid, and enjoyed every stick.

Moo
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual"--Bill Murray, "Stripes"

I'm so excited my package from ci.com is coming in tomorrow Hopefully I get the nooner delivery and not the 5pm delivery Ill post some pics and let yal know how my first online purchase of cigars goes!

6. Default

I'm a relative newbie myself, so a few quick pieces of advice:

1. Ask the shopkeep. For my first "batch" of cigars, I went to my local shop and asked the girl there for some advice. She picked out something like 7 sticks around $5. Since she knew every cigar in the place, she was able to give me a broad spectrum of flavors...

2. Keep a diary. I'm very bad at this, but when I take the time to review it, I can see what I've forgotten I smoked.

3. If you're new, don't be too harsh on a cigar. I smoked a few early on that were probably WAY too powerful for me. Make a note about it in your diary and try another stick later.

4. Enjoy!

-----late addition

5. Keep a list. I don't really do this at all, but try to keep a list of cigars you'd like to try. If you read publications and forum posts and stuff, you're going to find out about specific smokes you might be interested in. Jot them down for next time you're in the smoke shop (or, like me, you'll forget half the stuff you wanted to try)
    Last edited by SuperChuck; 08-22-2005 at 08:05 AM.

Thread Information