Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: backwoods

check out www.cigarbid.com, don't buy anything yet. Pick a price your comfortable paying and come back with a selection in that range and I would be happy (and I am sure others would be also) to help you find a good deal on a decent smoke in the price range you want.

Also check http://www.cigar5packs.com, you can get some better deals there.

The thing about back woods and some of the other mass produced, machine made, cigars is that thy burn quick. You can get one cigar for the same price as the whole pack, it will burn longer, taste better, and you will be much happier with it.

If you don't want to smoke a cigar that long, try some petite corona sizes. You will be much better off.

also think about what you like to eat and drink. Do you live for hot sauce? drink your coffee black? are you a scotch on the rocks guy like me, or do you like captain and cokes?

The worst thing you can do if your new to cigars is go for a full body, spicy cigar right out of the gate. It could turn you off to the experience all together.

Same goes the other way, if you pick a bland, mild cigar you may just get bored with it.

If you need an immediate selection try a sancho panza, it should run you around 3 -4 bucks and is one of the better in that range. Otherwise, think about what flavors and tastes you have, and see my last post, put them all together and come back and you'll get some opinions that may lead you to a cigar you can really enjoy.

Just spotted this old thread and it caught my interest because I once smoked Backwoods for a while in the late '80s. They were cheap and not too bad at keeping the bugs away. I quit them shortly after examining a foul tasting one and finding a feather inside.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tonygraz View Post
    Just spotted this old thread and it caught my interest because I once smoked Backwoods for a while in the late '80s. They were cheap and not too bad at keeping the bugs away. I quit them shortly after examining a foul tasting one and finding a feather inside.
    that was one of the funniest puns I've heard in a while

Thread Information