Thread: Seller/Trader Rating

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

Default Seller/Trader Rating

This is actually just a suggestion/(slash)whataya guys think type of deal.
    I've been thinking about how I can contribute to this site and I think i got it. Again, this is only a suggestion, i dont want to step on anyones toes. An admin or mod or whatever can feel free to edit or delete this at any time.

Here's my suggestion . . . I was browsing in the marketplace where I responded to a thread by an advertiser who was having a contest or whatever. Now, as a newb, I didnt know whether he was trusted or not short of no one else responding to his thread. So . . . I bit the bullet and contacted him about the contest. long story short, the contest was already over(i forgot to look at the fine print) and all i was left with was his website having my contact info(which i dont mind . . believe it or not, i LIKE junk snailmail) and my email(which i specifically told them in a comments screen they provided that I did NOT want them to trade sell rent give away etc etc my email. they actually responded and said they dont do that etc etc ANYWAY)

the next day, someone who -IS- trusted on the site posts something to the effect of, "no one wants you here, go away, blah blah blah and stop sending me your spam!".

i immediately thought, you know, wouldn't it be great if we could somehow look this person up and see if they are trustworthy?? the seller, not the person who made the comment. . .

what i am proposing is at the very least, a stand alone pinned/sticky thread at the top of the Marketplace forum where we can all leave a brief but detailed comment(whether positive or negative) about say, someone we have traded with, someone we purchased something from or even websites or basically any type of seller or trader; from fellow members, to merchants across the web.

again, i dont mean this to circumvent any system already in place, i did a search for seller rating and nothing came up. and i certainly dont mean to go over any ones head.

please let me know what you guys think. thanks

Blog Entries

People bring this idea up from time to time and I don't think any "trader rating" especially for individual members is worth anything at all.

Go look at CigarWeekly's "trader ratings" if you want to see some stupid nonsense. They're worse than eBay feedback They all give each other a bunch of backslpas and high fives even when for example, the trader is gouging the people he's selling sampler too.

Word gets around quick enough as to who's good to "trade" with and as far as retailers, the complete losers like cuban-cigar-deal.com are identified immediately.

Again, I see no need for anything of the like......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

thanks for the constructive criticism/opinion cc

4. Default

Strange, someone else just posted the exact same thread word for word over at CP

Quote Originally Posted by hortsch
    Strange, someone else just posted the exact same thread word for word over at CP
    Noticed that myself

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

lol . . that bastard! stealing my ideas . . .

hey, i changed SOME words! lol

I think CCAT is right. This rating might be a good thing
    but we would probably end up with a bunch of backslapping bull.
    I am pretty sure if you do someone wrong here no one will
    ever trade with you again and you will be roasted like a pork chop.

By the way, why don't we have whipping boy this week.
    Or have I not been paying attention.
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

Thread Information