Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JR Special Mystery Cigar

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

Default JR Special Mystery Cigar

Blog Entries

Damn that is sooooo tempting!

reaganyouth84 Guest

Wow, looks like a good buy.
    -Mike

I can't buy without knowing what they are. If I do, and I like them, I will go crazy.

Default Yeah.....

Hmmmmm....a cameroon torp. What could they be?

Well, I would say that as long as you like cameroon wrappers, give it a shot.

Granted, JR's advertising can be gimmicky at times but I've never known them to rip anyone off.

Sounds like a great deal.

I'm going to make a random guess that they are H Upmann Vintage Cameroon Belicoso 52 x 6 1/8". I don't know if these are being discontinued but it fits the description.

Whadda buncha crapola. We can't tell you what they are, but they normally sell for over $10 each, and you can get them for only $5 each? Why not just tell us what they are unless you're running some kind of god damn scam?? The more I hear about JR Cigars the less I like them.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

It probably is a piece of crap cigar, but, since they will not tell you what it is, there is no way to tell until you smoke it. How do you return a smoked cigar??

I guess they can't even tell you once you have purchased them? God forbid I actually like these and want to buy more somewhere!! I will never be able to find them again at any price.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    I guess they can't even tell you once you have purchased them? God forbid I actually like these and want to buy more somewhere!! I will never be able to find them again at any price.

Ditto
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

You should know what they are after you buy them, I doubt they would blackout or remove the bands from the cigars.

Damn fine point!!
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

13. Default

The sarge ain't buying anything blind. I'm not buying into JR's hype.

He does sell cigars at a good price but I wanna know what my bucks are buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Krautle87
    You should know what they are after you buy them, I doubt they would blackout or remove the bands from the cigars.
    I don't believe that they can tell you even after the sale. They say in the advertisement that they are prohibited from putting these cigars on sale by their contract with that lable. So if they sold them to you "on sale" without disclosing the brand, then when you received the smokes they had their bands on them they have just broken the terms of the contract. Just because you find out after the completion of the sale does not change the fact that they are not supposed to sell these at "sale" prices. With that in mind . . . even without telling the consumer what they are, they are breaking the terms of their contract because they are still selling them at "sale" prices. However, who is going to know.

All in all I dont think you would ever find out what you got and . . . THIS IS ALL A BUNCH OF MARKETING BS!
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

15. Default

Take care guys. I buy from JR, but only smokes I know or have been recomended to me by friends. Their decriptions tend to be a little less than candid. Not saying that they are not honest....exactly.
    I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    --John Wayne from The Shootist

Default Well...

I've been doing business with JR for many years.

I'll be the first to admit that JR's CEO, Lew Rothman is an "unusual character" to put it nicely.

His advertising style is hokey and hyped, just like many of the others. But I have never known them to rip off their customers.

Would I buy these "mystery" cameroon cigars? Not really. Mainly since I have fallen out of love with cameroon cigars. Five years ago I may have bought them.

With my experience with JRs and their level of customer service, I would feel confident buying these and would trust that Mr. Rothman, even though I probably couldn't stand being in the same room with him, was giving me a good deal.

They do have a no questions asked return policy within 30 days.

Ironically, a few years ago, when JRs got their dealings with CAO, they came out with CAO's "Trois Diamantes" cameroons (wow...what a coincidence!). They were packaged in these fancy diamond shaped wooden boxes with partitions inside with the cigars bundled in threes. Well....at the time I was a BIG CAO fan and loved cameroon wrapped cigars. So I got on the phone and ordered FOUR boxes!

They arrived in a few days and it was a cool sight. Four sharp CAO boxes filled with hopefully great cigars. I opened one up, lit up and I wasn't impressed. The next day I smoked one with my buddy. Same opinion again from both of us. I was bummed out.

I packed them up and returned them to JRs and received a full refund. No questions.

Yes, JRs has lots of hype sometimes. But they do have great prices and even greater customer service.

17. Default

I've never been disappointed with JR's. Their reps know what they're talking about. Their return policy is excellent. They'll let you smoke three cigars out of a box and still give you a complete refund (less shipping). Smoke more than three and they'll pro-rate the refund. The only draw-back with JR's is that they don't have all the brands I like (no La Aurora or La Aroma De Cuba for example).

I resisted this offer for about twelve hours and then the old trigger finger slipped. I'll let you all know how the deal goes but I'll guarantee they'll be sold out before I can get back to you.

Tres Petit Corona...

Let's do a box split... I already have your address - 107 S. Maltby Ave. (P.O. Box 105), Sutton, NE 68979

Could you please pay though and I'll catch you later???

Blog Entries

Hey Tres Petit Corona,

I never did welcome you to the board. You seem like a real asshole and a lonely guy as well. You should call Scroto (aka SFG75) in Nebraska. He's another lonely loser just like yourself especially now that he's banned from CigarWeekly and he's got nothing better to do until school starts.

Here's his phone number:

402-773-4490

Call him as I'm sure he'd love to hear from you
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    I've been doing business with JR for many years.

I'll be the first to admit that JR's CEO, Lew Rothman is an "unusual character" to put it nicely.

His advertising style is hokey and hyped, just like many of the others. But I have never known them to rip off their customers.

Would I buy these "mystery" cameroon cigars? Not really. Mainly since I have fallen out of love with cameroon cigars. Five years ago I may have bought them.

With my experience with JRs and their level of customer service, I would feel confident buying these and would trust that Mr. Rothman, even though I probably couldn't stand being in the same room with him, was giving me a good deal.

They do have a no questions asked return policy within 30 days.

Ironically, a few years ago, when JRs got their dealings with CAO, they came out with CAO's "Trois Diamantes" cameroons (wow...what a coincidence!). They were packaged in these fancy diamond shaped wooden boxes with partitions inside with the cigars bundled in threes. Well....at the time I was a BIG CAO fan and loved cameroon wrapped cigars. So I got on the phone and ordered FOUR boxes!

They arrived in a few days and it was a cool sight. Four sharp CAO boxes filled with hopefully great cigars. I opened one up, lit up and I wasn't impressed. The next day I smoked one with my buddy. Same opinion again from both of us. I was bummed out.

I packed them up and returned them to JRs and received a full refund. No questions.

Yes, JRs has lots of hype sometimes. But they do have great prices and even greater customer service.
    Lew Rothman sold JRCigars.......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information