Thread: Cigar Smoking at the State Fair

Amanda Guest

Default Cigar Smoking at the State Fair

I took the annual voyage with the folks to the Iowa State Fair on Tuesday (and then returned yesterday with a couple friends). I was a little nervous as this would be my first public cigar smoking experience. As expected, my parents acted mortified to even be seen with me when I lit the first one up around noon when we were walking through the midway. A few hours later, I smoked another at a free concert and drew some unpleasant stares and dirty looks from some people in the benches parallel to mine. Late that night, my boyfriend met me in the beer gardens and I had another one.

On Wednesday, I actually saw a middle-aged guy sitting alone on a bench smoking a cigar of his own, and was determined to have some fun with it. I sat down on the bench near his, pulled out a cigar and asked him for a light..lol. We got to talking and had a pretty good conversation as we indulged in a pastime that was probably shared by only us two in the crowd of 90,000 attending.

Yeah, this was kind of a random post. Just thought I'd share anyway.

Blog Entries

Interesting night.

I bet you made that guys night.

Many a good conversation has been started from seeing someone with a cigar or someone seeing me with one. It's just one of those rare hobbies and interests that brings people together.

5. Default

I enjoy guns, motorcycles, hot rods, and fine cigars. All things that my wife has little or no interest in. I am always delighted when I meet a woman who shares any of these interests. If I ever meet a woman who shares all of these interests, I will be in deep, dark, trouble.
    I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    --John Wayne from The Shootist

Thread Information