Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: What are you reading at the moment?

Listening to The Hunger Games on audiobook, does that count?
    Out of all the interwebs and www's, I can say that this is my favorite smoke shop

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatra Samurai View Post
    Listening to The Hunger Games on audiobook, does that count?
    LOL

I'd have to say so....my wife does a fair bit of driving for her job and frequently listens to audio books while doing so. That's an excellent trilogy. I hope they do all 3 books into movies.

I got, and finished the most recent Sandman Slim novel. It was every bit as good as all the rest. Title: Kill City Blues

I'm now rereading an urban fantasy series my wife got me into a while back because a new book came out in it and I wanted to have it all "fresh" in my memory for the new release. The series is: Kate and Curran (Kate Daniels) by Ilona Andrews

It's a very interesting twist on the usual magic and sorcery type books.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

To Kill a Mockingbird ~ Harper Lee

This is the current bedtime story for kid-o. I think this was required reading in high school, but I'll be dipped if I remember any of it. Probably ridiculous to even note that this classic is a great story.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I'm rereading the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne

If you're an urban fantasy fan, you'll enjoy this. I read them a couple months ago but a new one is coming out later this month and I want it all fresh in my head for the latest installation.

Blog Entries

I finished The Great Gatsby last weekend and have started on Slaughterhouse-Five by Vonnegut. I've just started reading for entertainment and while neither one of these books has wowed me, I have really enjoyed them still. Just the act of reading for fun has been a sort of an "awakening" for my mind. Really refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I finished The Great Gatsby last weekend and have started on Slaughterhouse-Five by Vonnegut. I've just started reading for entertainment and while neither one of these books has wowed me, I have really enjoyed them still. Just the act of reading for fun has been a sort of an "awakening" for my mind. Really refreshing.
    I find reading to be an excellent "escape" When I read, everything else disappears and I'm totally "in" the book. I especially enjoy reading while smoking a cigar. I find that a great way to spend a quiet hour or two when I don't have a friend to share the cigar with.

What kind of movies do you like KB? Let us know and perhaps the rest of us readaholics can recommend some good books for you. Oh, if there's a movie you really like that you know comes from a book, it's always a great idea to read the book and get all the stuff they had to leave out of the movie.

As an aside, the most recent Iron Druid book (Hunted) came out the 25th. I finished it yesterday..............LOL

Inferno - Dan Brown. His new Robert Langdon book.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaeldeL View Post
    Inferno - Dan Brown. His new Robert Langdon book.
    Time Magazine just released a special edition book entitled, "Secret Societies - Decoding the Myths and Facts of History's Most Mysterious Organizations". Amongst other information presented, the authors spent a fair amount of energy discussing Dan Brown and Robert Langdon. It's a good companion read...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Time Magazine just released a special edition book entitled, "Secret Societies - Decoding the Myths and Facts of History's Most Mysterious Organizations". Amongst other information presented, the authors spent a fair amount of energy discussing Dan Brown and Robert Langdon. It's a good companion read...
    My father in law was just starting that the other day when I was over. Anything new in there?

Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    My father in law was just starting that the other day when I was over. Anything new in there?
    No - not really. But I like the way Time ties all of it together. It's definitely an interesting read.

Just started A Game of Thrones. Not a genre I would normally read but some friends convinced me to give it a whirl. It's not the easiest book to follow but I can see the appeal. It hasn't completely lost me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSpencer View Post
    Just started A Game of Thrones. Not a genre I would normally read but some friends convinced me to give it a whirl. It's not the easiest book to follow but I can see the appeal. It hasn't completely lost me yet.
    Definitely a good read. I enjoyed the books very much, and am in the process of watching the series on Bluray. The Bluray came with a nice fold out diagram of all the family trees. It would have been helpful while reading, but not necessary while watching. A download of it might be helpful. I probably would have used it at times. Hope you enjoy the books.

13. Default

Yesterday I spent an hour reading a technical manual and design schematics on a digger derrick truck. The hydraulic auger motor would not dig a hole and the fluid was getting very hot. I fixed it . Did I mention how much I despise complex hydraulics
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Yesterday I spent an hour reading a technical manual and design schematics on a digger derrick truck. The hydraulic auger motor would not dig a hole and the fluid was getting very hot. I fixed it . Did I mention how much I despise complex hydraulics
    Sounds like a good read. :)

I'm still on an Urban Fantasy kick.....now the wife has me reading:

Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Before the above I reread The Hobbit just because it's been so long...

I recently completed Wil Wheaton "Just a Geek" & Chris Priest's "Bonecrusher", which is my first foray into Steampunk. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I'm currently reading Graham Greene's "The Power and the Glory", which I haven't read since high school.

Thread Information