Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading at the moment?

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

will soon be reading psycho-cybernetics thanks to a recommendation from someone on this board.

also reading communication works(text book) and negotiation:theory and practice(also textbook) for school

The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis. Great work to introduce students to the field of philosophy! Lewis is one of the most concise, intelligient, and truly humorous (in the wonderfully traditional British sense) authors of the 20th century.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis. Great work to introduce students to the field of philosophy! Lewis is one of the most concise, intelligient, and truly humorous (in the wonderfully traditional British sense) authors of the 20th century.
    Years ago I read Lewis' The Screwtape Letters, and recently bought it to read again - haven't got to it quite yet.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

started the new harry potter last night.

too bad i saw this posted at CP

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

big hearty chuckle at Drake's expense . . . one of those belly laughs too . . . lol sorry Drake . . i remember that thread! lol

you should see what happens to the ring! . . . oh wait wrong fictional waste of time . . . just messin with ya man enjoy reading it . . .

The Screwtape Letters are a classic work of Lewis', he said that that was probably the most difficult thing he ever wrote.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

naked economics by Charles Wheelan

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

still waiting for my psycho cybernetics . . . they sent it to the wrong address, will resend they send. . . maybe if it gets here today i can read that in the closet as i hide from the tornadoes spawned by rita :D

Against Gravity by Gary Gibson, more scifi as is normal for me.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

10. Default

Robert Graves' Claudius The God.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    started the new harry potter last night.

too bad i saw this posted at CP
    Since you already know, check out this video of these guys who spoiled it for everyone waiting in line all night for the book to come out. Harry Potter Spoiled

12. Default

Pragmatic Version Control with Subversion

...and when I need a change of pace...

The Pragmatic Programmer

oooooooo...exciting.....

I and my classes have just finished Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis and we are now onto Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics and Plato's Euthyphro and Phaedo.

Just finished "Looking for Jake" by China Mieville, starting "Mind's Eye" by Paul McAuley
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

I recently read The Da Vinci Code. Then went and got the first book. The Illustrated Angels and Demons. I liked the pictures of the symbols in their natural state. Several James Patterson. Really enjoyed the Womens murder club series. Right now Tom Clancy Red Rabbit.
    Remember to breathe

Reading Coyote Rising by Allen Steele
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Wittgenstein's Poker by David Edmonds & John Eidinow

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Almost forgot the five people you meet in heaven
    Remember to breathe

19. Default

Currenlty re-reading "Crime and Punish" by Michel Foucault. Had been a while. First read it as part of my degree and stumble upon it a week ago. Damn good book.

Iced T Guest

I thought it was page 606...

"1776," and "Guns, Germs and Steel"

Thread Information