Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading at the moment?

I'll add my own also

I read way too many technical books but the next up on the pleasure reading list is:

About Face, The Odyssey of an American Warrior by Colonel David H. Hackworth

sammis

At the moment I am re-reading Crytonomicon by Neal Stephenson, well good read
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Blog Entries

I'm reading through the Federalist Papers.....what an interesting time in history, and the usage of the english language is so very much different than today.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I'm reading through the Federalist Papers.....what an interesting time in history, and the usage of the english language is so very much different than today.
    Ouch. Those were forced on me for 2 semesters of poli-sci. Read and respond and repeat.

Right now I'm reading John Irving's latest - Until I Find You. Great author.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Oil! by Upton Sinclair. Great book so far, but the movie was horrible.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

Crime & Punishment - Dostovevsky

What a strange yet interesting book this is. If anyone hasn't given it a chance I would recommend it. It's a classic.

Highway Code
    Working on getting my motorbike license just need to get the money for one first so havnt had a cigar for over a week

I am reading a forecasting software training/specs manual. Fun! I think I have found the cure for insomnia!!!

I am also in the middle of giving the Purpose Driven Life a second read.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    I am reading a forecasting software training/specs manual. Fun! I think I have found the cure for insomnia!!!

I am also in the middle of giving the Purpose Driven Life a second read.
    Phenomenal book! I might need to have another go at it now that you mention it. It's worth a second read for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    Drooling For Dummies - I. R. Cluelss

What a strange yet interesting book this is. If anyone hasn't given it a chance I would recommend it. It's a classic.
    Who'd'a thought?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Phenomenal book! I might need to have another go at it now that you mention it. It's worth a second read for sure.
    Good idea. You go do that. It is designed to be exactly a 40 day read. I imagine it should take you 1760 days to get through based on your expedient handling of the Secret Santa obligation. Report back in 5 years when you are done with the book...

Beat it!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

It is designed to be exactly a 40 day read.

Is that possible with a book? Kinda unsure how one could "design" a book. Sounds interesting thought may check it out.

Good idea. You go do that. It is designed to be exactly a 40 day read. I imagine it should take you 1760 days to get through based on your expedient handling of the Secret Santa obligation. Report back in 5 years when you are done with the book...

Beat it!
    Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to map things out so that I can plan how much to read accordingly and still have ample time to brush up on how to make myself look like more of a tough guy from behind a computer screen. To me it seems weak and shows the signs of a very sad and meager individual, but I guess if everyone else is doing it I should join the revolution!

Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Is that possible with a book? Kinda unsure how one could "design" a book. Sounds interesting thought may check it out.
    It's definately a good book and keeps you on track with the 40 day reading plan. A very nice way to start the day and gain some inspiration and insight for our reason to be here.

Blog Entries

Beat it!
    I love this place.
    LMAO

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to map things out so that I can plan how much to read accordingly and still have ample time to brush up on how to make myself look like more of a tough guy from behind a computer screen. To me it seems weak and shows the signs of a very sad and meager individual, but I guess if everyone else is doing it I should join the revolution!

Any tips?
    Holy shit. We are witnessing the metamorphosis of the lowly immature slacker into the full blown ass-hat troll.

No tough guy here numb-nuts......just an early 40's full-grown American male, who happens to posses enough common sense, personal responsibility, and respect for others that allows me to function normally in society and, more importantly, fulfill my obligations.

You have just flamed a seriously respected member of the board on top of the big shit you have taken all over the board.........like I told you in another thread, you have no friends here. Except douche bag slacker josephdetorre......who is at least smart enough to know when he isn't welcome and STFU. His package arrived, yours hasn't....none of them.

You are now entertainment and the insults and slams will get pretty creative and damn funny.

Popcorn anyone?

Blog Entries

I'm reading a "trading psychology" book written by Brett Steenbarger. Traders represent a small interest group, but the techniques are of value in many areas of thought. If you trade, even part time, check out his work. You can find many of his articles for free on the inter-weber-thingy.

Next up: "How to Win Friends and Influence People", by Dale Carnegie...

Any tips?
    Nice psychological profile you have created for me, Mikey. I am indeed very sad and meager.

I guess if sarcasm = trying to be a tough guy, then I should be the Master of Ceremonies at this year's Chuck Norris convention. I cannot believe what a POS asshole you are. No, that was not being tough; just truthful.

We have a nice little sandbox here. You are like the little snot nosed kid that keeps trying to play with the big boys but keeps tripping over his own untied shoes instead.

--Drive-By Truckers

Well, I'm over half way through Lone Survivor.

HOLY SHIT! What an eye-opener. I can't put it down.

Done with Lone Survivor. I was going to start Ghost Soldiers, but I've switched to Dead Man's Walk followed up by Comanche Moon.

Thread Information