Thread: What are you reading at the moment?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bumpin' this one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Just finished "A Million Little Pieces", by James Frey. Sensationalistic, contrived, stylistic to the point of gimmicky. Typical Oprah endorsement. Don't waste your money.

Whoops! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060109/...isputed_memoir
    This figures. Also in the book he describes a character addicted to Quaaludes. My math puts the story at around 1992. 'ludes were taken off the market in the US in 1982.
    And finally, author confesses, Oprah apologizes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060126/en_nm/frey_dc
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Just finished "A Million Little Pieces", by James Frey. Sensationalistic, contrived, stylistic to the point of gimmicky. Typical Oprah endorsement. Don't waste your money.
    I thought the same things after I read the book. I told my wife how so much of it was unbelievable and seemed far from the truth.

Bumpin the dust of this thread.

Just finished Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides.
    Next up is Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.
    On deck after that is Ghost Soldiers also by Hampton Sides

I'll add my own also

I read way too many technical books but the next up on the pleasure reading list is:

About Face, The Odyssey of an American Warrior by Colonel David H. Hackworth

sammis

At the moment I am re-reading Crytonomicon by Neal Stephenson, well good read
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Blog Entries

I'm reading through the Federalist Papers.....what an interesting time in history, and the usage of the english language is so very much different than today.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I'm reading through the Federalist Papers.....what an interesting time in history, and the usage of the english language is so very much different than today.
    Ouch. Those were forced on me for 2 semesters of poli-sci. Read and respond and repeat.

Right now I'm reading John Irving's latest - Until I Find You. Great author.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thread Information