Thread: What are you reading at the moment?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Iced T
    I thought it was page 606...

"1776," and "Guns, Germs and Steel"
    1776 is a good read.

-Mike

Default I knew better

Just finished "A Million Little Pieces", by James Frey. Sensationalistic, contrived, stylistic to the point of gimmicky. Typical Oprah endorsement. Don't waste your money.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

I'm still reading my Jaguar Service Manual....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I have had 4 books going at the same time for the last couple of months (short attention span). All of these are Biographies or Autobiography- Clint Eastwood, Merle Haggard (My House of Memories), Johnny Cash (The Man Called...) and The Ramones (Story of...)
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

NOTAMs

Clapton's Guitar by Allen St.John.

It's about Wayne Henderson (musician/guitar maker) making a guitar for Clapton. Interesting read for any guitar players.

The time trap (its about effectivly organizing) its a really good book i highly recomend it
    Bessie Braddock: Mr Churchill, you are drunk.
    Winston Churchill: And you madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober tomorrow.

Just finishing up Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay.

Then I'll be on to either The Stand by Stephen King or Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire (the follow up to Wicked)
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Just finished "A Million Little Pieces", by James Frey. Sensationalistic, contrived, stylistic to the point of gimmicky. Typical Oprah endorsement. Don't waste your money.

Whoops! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060109/...isputed_memoir
    This figures. Also in the book he describes a character addicted to Quaaludes. My math puts the story at around 1992. 'ludes were taken off the market in the US in 1982.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Bumpin' this one more time.

Whoops! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060109/...isputed_memoir
    This figures. Also in the book he describes a character addicted to Quaaludes. My math puts the story at around 1992. 'ludes were taken off the market in the US in 1982.
    And finally, author confesses, Oprah apologizes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060126/en_nm/frey_dc
    - Tom Robbins

I thought the same things after I read the book. I told my wife how so much of it was unbelievable and seemed far from the truth.

Bumpin the dust of this thread.

Just finished Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides.
    Next up is Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.
    On deck after that is Ghost Soldiers also by Hampton Sides

I'll add my own also

I read way too many technical books but the next up on the pleasure reading list is:

About Face, The Odyssey of an American Warrior by Colonel David H. Hackworth

sammis

Thread Information