Thread: Lighters

Default Lighters

Alright guys, Im starting to get serious about a lighter now. I have to admit I know nothing about lighters, my brother has a $120 lighter and its awesome, but its not for me, it will most likely be lost in 6 months anyway. I saw a Tiger and Xikar in the $20-30 range. Someone inform me on lighters please.

i like my colibri firebird lighter but it is starting to have some problems. its the only one i have so far but i might get a new one soon.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

In desperate need of a torch lighter I picked one up at a gas station for $3.99. Its probably meant for some crack head but I figured it would last a week until I got to the shop. Well, its been about three months and this POS is still working like a charm. Only complaint is that its a dual flame and when Im not paying attention I sometimes scorch the wrapper.

Guess my point is

1. Consider a good looking POS.
    2. Think about how many flames you want...1,2, or 3. Personally I like single flames.

I have been using my Colibri for about 2 months now, no problems. And I paid $45(us) for it. It's a single flame torch.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I used to use an around $5-10 cheapo torch which worked quite well. Recently I switched to a z-plus insert inside a zippo, and find that its quite nice. You can get a cheapo zippo for under $20 and the insert is around $15 (got mine off ebay)

I have a Tiger & a NIBO...Tiger was cheaper...both are great...get one that has 3-jets...makes cigar lighting easier if you smoke one with a larger ring gauge...but then, they go through butane faster...

I got a triple flame torch from my local shop almost 2 years ago that cost me $5.95 + tax. Still works like new. I am constantly reading about expensive lighters going bad. I can't see the logic in expensive lighters myself. Go cheap. If it dies, toss it and get another, and if it lasts sit back and chuckle at the guys whose $150 lighter died after a month of use.

The cheap torches have been hit or miss for me...AND...I've had two Colibris go Tango Uniform on me in a short period of time. Now, I've got a Z-plus insert in my favorite old Zippo case and it works like a champ. At a reasonable $12.95 locally, it ain't exactly a cheapie...but it's certainly not as expensive as most others.
    PCAK

I have only two vices: smoking cigars...

...and lying about having only two vices.

I have also run through my share of lighters. I like Zippos but I hate lighter fluid. So I checked out the Thunderbird lighters by Vector KGM. These lighters are basically Zippos that come already fitted out with butane. They have a lifetime guarantee, come in a variety of designs and work flawlessly. I've been using mine for about three months now and love it. Best of all, they run just $15.00 a copy. The company makes some other stunning lighters as well in torch and turbo styles. For a quick look go to:

http://www.vectorkgm.com/catalog/tem...plate=main.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by pierce652
    In desperate need of a torch lighter I picked one up at a gas station for $3.99. Its probably meant for some crack head but I figured it would last a week until I got to the shop. Well, its been about three months and this POS is still working like a charm. Only complaint is that its a dual flame and when Im not paying attention I sometimes scorch the wrapper.

Guess my point is

1. Consider a good looking POS.
    2. Think about how many flames you want...1,2, or 3. Personally I like single flames.

I bought a "crack-head gas station torch lighter" once because I thought it was cool It was way before I had started smoking cigars. I had that thing for almost 8 years. Well what do you know . .. as soon as I start smoking cigars it finally dies.

I think I got my $4.99 out of that though.

Now to the topic at hand. You can find some nice Colibri lighters on CBid (aka Devil's Website) I just got one for $17 and previously I got one for $19! Look there.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Thread Information