Thread: More offensive: cigars or cell phones?

Default More offensive: cigars or cell phones?

While watching the Cubs vs. Braves (which is rather offensive in itself), I was treated to the usual display of cell phone buggery in the good seats. The rotating milieu of whistledicks yapping into their phones while gesturing at the camera, inning after inning, completely ignoring what's happening on the field. It doesn't make sense to me that smoking has long been banned at professional events, while this kind of nonsense is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Vagabonds
    While watching the Cubs vs. Braves (which is rather offensive in itself), I was treated to the usual display of cell phone buggery in the good seats. The rotating milieu of whistledicks yapping into their phones while gesturing at the camera, inning after inning, completely ignoring what's happening on the field. It doesn't make sense to me that smoking has long been banned at professional events, while this kind of nonsense is allowed.
    TFF!!! I agree wholeheartedly!!!

I was invited to the Sky Boxes at US Cellular field, the second game after they opened the new park. I was absolutely shocked at the idiot's who spent more time chatting, eating, talking on cell phones - all with their backs to the field. It was like it was some social event, with a baseball game thrown in for good measure.. Sickening, really....

I remember the days when most fans wore suits, ties and dress hats to sporting events (baseball games, hockey games, etc.). And respect for the players and the park were paramount. Those days are certainly long gone...

Well, I was at the game today, and if the people started talking after D. Lee's error and the 3 runs in the 7th, I understand, because the game was a complete bore after that. I mean, can Corey Patterson really be that bad? Someone needs to slap him upside the head! Bobby Cox completely outmanaged Dusty today, it was so obvious, I mean men on 1st and 3rd in the first with 1 out and no runs come it, that's BS.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I don't even follow baseball that much, but, when I am invited to go to a game. I still watch the game. For me it is more of a social event to hang out with friends and we can talk, but, I still don't just ignore the game. Afterall, that is why I am there.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Vagabonds
    Stupid people rule the world. Don't expect life to make sense.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    TFF!!! I agree wholeheartedly!!!

I was invited to the Sky Boxes at US Cellular field, the second game after they opened the new park. I was absolutely shocked at the idiot's who spent more time chatting, eating, talking on cell phones - all with their backs to the field. It was like it was some social event, with a baseball game thrown in for good measure.. Sickening, really....

I remember the days when most fans wore suits, ties and dress hats to sporting events (baseball games, hockey games, etc.). And respect for the players and the park were paramount. Those days are certainly long gone...
    I agree with you,but i feel no obligation to respect players like terrel owens ,randy moss,gary sheffield ,these and other palyers behavior are much more disrespectful to the game than a fan on a cellphone
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    I agree with you,but i feel no obligation to respect players like terrel owens ,randy moss,gary sheffield ,these and other palyers behavior are much more disrespectful to the game than a fan on a cellphone
    You forgot to mention Sammy Sosa

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    You forgot to mention Sammy Sosa
    i was keeping it short,barry bonds would deserve a thread to himself
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

You do have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    There's no doubt about it. I'm simply referring to the fans annoying the hell out of me while I'm trying concentrate on the pitching on TV. If the fans somehow manage to disrespect ghetto-fabulous prima donna athletes like those listed (which isn't hard to do--these guys think the whole world is out to get them), more power to them.

Tell 'em to STFU, and watch the ensuing fight on television after you get home.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information