Thread: Cigar Bands

Default Cigar Bands

What do you all do with the bands of the cigars you smoke?
    I want to save mine but i dont know what to do with them

i'm saving mine so i can remember what i have smoked. They are like a review rating system for me. good ones in this pile, bad ones in this pile. After i have tried many different types and know which ones i will get, i will probably make a picture out of them or something, post the ones that are the best and most expensive on the wall. I heard someone on this forum was putting his onto his bar top. just do what u want to do with them.

I bought a leather binded journal from Wal mart for $10 and just glue my bands in there, along with a description if I want
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I have a big container that I throw them all in. I also keep a small journal and paste each type at the top of the page to show the band off and then it is followed by a short review. The rest are in a big covered container just sitting there.

A five minute walk from Cigars International.

I keep them in a box, thinking about doing somthing with them. The book is a good idea.

6. Default

I got cheapie Composition notebook (one of those black marbley ones from middle school). I tape them in there and write a couple lines about what I think. I'm not discerning enough to grade cigars, so most of my notes are like "very strong flavor"

I also have a few strays on the bar, in the car, and on my smoking porch as a tribute to my disorganization.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    I'm not discerning enough to grade cigars, so most of my notes are like "very strong flavor"
    Sounds like me. "Tastes good" "Tastes OK" or in a few cases "Gave me the shakes"

JR's is doing a hokey kind of promotion called BandWagon USA. Send in your cigar bands and buy all kinds of useless crap which no one in their right minds would pay retail for at considerable savings over retail. http://www.bandwagonusa.com/.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

The first time I smoke a cigar, i save the band and put it into my cigar journal so I can record what I thought of it. If later on, it becomes one of my favorites, I put it on the cover of my journal. Other than that I enjoy burning them (I love FIRE!!)
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Other than that I enjoy burning them (I love FIRE!!)
    Fire is a great thing. It keeps me very very intersted, for hours upon hours.

I had a stamp book but now it's changed to cigar band book...
    IMO saving band is good idea. Sometimes I bring my old memories of taste of cigars by looking over my collection.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    Sounds like me. "Tastes good" "Tastes OK" or in a few cases "Gave me the shakes"

JR's is doing a hokey kind of promotion called BandWagon USA. Send in your cigar bands and buy all kinds of useless crap which no one in their right minds would pay retail for at considerable savings over retail. http://www.bandwagonusa.com/.
    Please clarify...were you serious? Symptoms heartburn, nausea/queasy, cold sweat, shakey? I seem to remember reading something, somewhere, either in a book on cigars, or on one of the forums, where if the tobacco in a cigar has not been fermented properly that these syptoms can occur...I've had this happen twice, right after smoking a cigar...the first was an AF Spanish Lonsdale Candela, and the second time after a RP Sungrown...and in both cases I had never smoked those cigars previously...have never had that happen with my normal smokes, and I favor maduros and full-bodied cigars so strength isn't the issue...but hell, I could have been having a heart attack...lol...

I throw my labels in the trash with the stub
    Remember to breathe

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer
    Please clarify...were you serious? Symptoms heartburn, nausea/queasy, cold sweat, shakey?
    I've found that I enjoy a cigar with lot of flavor but I don't enjoy a lot of nicotine. When I wrote that I was thinking about smoking a Flor Dominicana Double Ligero. I had been warned that this cigar is particularly strong in nicotine. I couldn't even get half way through that baby. I've had some of the other symptoms you've mentioned occasionally, usually during or after smoking something "full bodied." Poorly cure tobacco might have been a factor.

Many other factors affect my experience: time of day, how well I slept the night before, what and when I most recently ate, environment: I most often smoke my cigar outside after lunch, which in Houston at this time of year means temperatures in the upper nineties with a lot of humidity.

I'm staying away from those double ligeros for now though.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

I smoke Double Ligeros 1-2 times per week and have never had any discomfort come from it. However I love strong smokes.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I usually throw mine away, I keep it if its something new, or keep one out of a box or something, but I usually dont hvae multiples of the same bands. A local cigar shop collects them and makes a big wrief out of them at Christmas time that is quiet intesting.

Nuttin - peel 'em off before I light - tossem

Thread Information