Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I May be Young But...

1. Lightbulb I May be Young But...

OK, there seems to be a lot of animosity going around here towards the younger guys... I just wanted to validate my case:

First of all, I am a 22 year old second-year law student who will be a full fledged lawyer in 2 years..... Now I am not claiming to be better than anyone else on this site, I really hate people who are on a superiority trip. But, I am heavily involved in the Construction industry, and am a successful entrepreneur. On top of this, I am currently heavily involved in my legal training. (Both work and academic)

Please don't tell me that I am not sophisticated enough to be here, or imply it! My cigar collection rivals most cigar shops. And I feel that my cigar knowledge is respectible, not as good as some people here, but definitly respectible,

So, please remember that while you may have 8-tracks that are older than me, and your wardrobe may be over two-decades old, I am here to share my interest in cigars. NOT to compare who is older.

While this post is not directed at everybody here, in fact most people on this site are VERY NICE AND INFORMATIVE, but please dont think that age corelates with wealth, success or knowledge of fine cigars. Anyway, post your opinion's on this topic. I would love to hear from both that young and old out there. Do you have or have you seen any age related experiences.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest, I think I will get one of my 1992 Montecristo #2's from my Elie Bleu humidor and forget my age. Have a great smoke everyone!
    Last edited by Island Epicurean; 08-26-2005 at 09:29 PM.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by Island Epicurean
    OK, there seems to be a lot of animosity going around here towards the younger guys... I just wanted to validate my case:

First of all, I am a 22 year old second-year law student who will be a full fledged lawyer in 2 years..... Now I am not claiming to be better than anyone else on this site, I really hate people who are on a superiority trip. But, I am heavily involved in the Construction industry, and am a VERY successful entrepreneur. On top of this, I am currently heavily involved in my legal training. (Both work and academic)

Please don't tell me that I am not sophisticated enough to be here, or imply it! My cigar collection rivals most cigar shops. And I feel that my cigar knowledge is respectible, not as good as some people here, but definitly respectible,

So, please remember that while you may have 8-tracks that are older than me, and your wardrobe may be over two-decades old, I am here to share my interest in cigars. NOT to compare who is older or more sophisticated.

While this post is not directed at everybody here, in fact most people on this site are VERY NICE AND INFORMATIVE, but please dont think that age corelates with wealth, success or knowledge of fine cigars. Anyway, post your opinion's on this topic. I would love to hear from both that yound and old out there.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest, I think I will get one of my 1992 Montecristo #2's from my Elie Bleu humidor. Have a great smoke everyone!
    I think you missed the boat,unless i'm wrong i believe it was all in fun,if you cant make fun of yourself ,how can you have any fun?
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

3. Default

I can definitly make fun of myself, but I am sure that some of the younger guys here can back me up on this one..... I am not all that serious when it comes to 99.8% of this forum, they are great, informative guys (and Amanda), but there seems to be a subculture within the Cigar community which simply shuns us. Does anyone have any good examples?
    Last edited by Island Epicurean; 08-26-2005 at 06:13 PM.

4. Default

Oh yeah, a good friend of mine collects superman memoribilia, why Superman"78"?

Hey from one Lawyer to a future one, relax. It's all fun and games. Don't take it personal. I'm 32 and I consider myself a very young 32. No ones here claims to know more or make more or anything like that but some of the guys, not me, do know more. Honestly, I haven't had the "who makes more" conversation with anyone, and I'm not going to. I'm not here to impress or be impressed. Just take cigars and have a good time. If you look through the threads you will see where I've been corrected, a lot, and my errors pointed out. I don't take it personal and I hope no one else does either. If I offended you with my BS I apologizes. That was not my intent.

Furthermore I hope no one takes any of my nonsense personal.

nhcigarfan.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 08-26-2005 at 06:21 PM.

Oh yeah, a good friend of mine collects superman memoribilia, why Superman"78"?
    tatoo,because i'm a punk ,and im 26 so it seems im right in the middle,so i guess i can see both sides
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

7. Default

I am probably going overboard here, but I am also reflecting on my personal experiences in cigar stores, etc. I never even considered you when writing this. (I take your remarks at face value, usually a funny face. ) Forgetting my potential overreaction, does anyone have such an experience on this or other boards or within a cigar store, etc.? Please dont name names, we dont want any hurt feelings here....... That is not my intent, I am just interested in seeing if I am the only one.... Thanks guys (and Amanda).....

8. Default

Hey, NHCigarFan, where are you a member of the bar/practising?

Hey, NHCigarFan, where are you a member of the bar/practising?
    \

New Hampshire

I am probably going overboard here, but I am also reflecting on my personal experiences in cigar stores, etc. I never even considered you when writing this. (I take your remarks at face value, usually a funny face. ) Forgetting my potential overreaction, does anyone have such an experience on this or other boards or within a cigar store, etc.? Please dont name names, we dont want any hurt feelings here....... That is not my intent, I am just interested in seeing if I am the only one.... Thanks guys (and Amanda).....
    My local guy is great always treated me with respect.I have had things like that happen at work ,people thinking because i'm young they can run over you.double edged sword though as you get more respect more is expected of you .If i had my choice i'd go back ,i dont like waking up at 3 in the morning thinking about work.so enjoy it and laugh at the old guys
    -Winston Churchill

11. Default

Cool, I will be articling in Newfoundland, Canada, but I actually considered New York and Maine...... (There is a lot of work here in Canada now so I decided against it.)

Jeese, I think you need to smoke some times in our racket.....

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    My local guy is great always treated me with respect.I have had things like that happen at work ,people thinking because i'm young they can run over you.double edged sword though as you get more respect more is expected of you .If i had my choice i'd go back ,i dont like waking up at 3 in the morning thinking about work.so enjoy it and laugh at the old guys

That is definitly sound advice...... I just need to blow off a little steam sometimes.

I thought, could be wrong, but you originally had an location outside the US. Are you studying in the states or outside, if so where. I don't know much about foreign jurisdictions but have had the opportunity to work with a Jamaican Attorney on a labor dispute case. I forget the title but I think it was something like "Queens court" or something.

14. Default

I am studying in Atlantic Canada, there would be a little more articling time if I went to the States, but our Judicial system and law education system is very similar......

From what I have been told NY is a hard state, almost as hard as NH. My advice, and trust me this will suck, if you want to get a US bar license get it as soon as you can from leaving school. If you not going to practice in the states, get it in the District of Columbia, (Washington DC) It is one of the easier bars and now that there is reciprocity among a number of the states, it seems DC is the most widely accepted. That way after 5 years you can just motion into a state and not have to take the state bar exam.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    From what I have been told NY is a hard state, almost as hard as NH. My advice, and trust me this will suck, if you want to get a US bar license get it as soon as you can from leaving school. If you not going to practice in the states, get it in the District of Columbia, (Washington DC) It is one of the easier bars and now that there is reciprocity among a number of the states, it seems DC is the most widely accepted. That way after 5 years you can just motion into a state and not have to take the state bar exam.

Thanks for the great advice. I will definitly research that further!!!

I schat golden nuggets in my imported toilette.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
    Jesus, that sounds painful...........

...my private physician claims I must be smoking too many original release Bolivar Gold Medals.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
    Off topic and very troubling but thanks for sharing,might be all the government cheese
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information