Thread: And the Cigar Smoker of the Month is.....

1. Default And the Cigar Smoker of the Month is.....

Hey All;

You guys might think this is crazy, but I figured we could vote a Cigar Smokers Forum Member of the month..... This poll is open for anyone to nominate and vote for someone so please thank someone for their contribution. The poll will close on September 1st, and I will post the winner in a seperate post then. (Just write out who you want to win and the reasons and I will count them on the 1st. Any nominations/votes after midnight EST on the 31st will not be counted.) If this is a success, I will start a new poll towards the end of every month.

My nomination/vote is for Amanda for being brave enough to be the only girl on the forum and for posting some very interesting threads.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

I'll second Amanda, for the same reasons. I think she could ice the title if she'd post a few pics.

Moo
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual"--Bill Murray, "Stripes"

Blog Entries

I think this is a bad idea. What is the "criteria" for "member of the month"?

I would prefer not to see this type on nonsense on this forum.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 08-28-2005 at 08:40 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I think this is a bad idea. What is the "criteria" for "member of the month"?

I would prefer not to see this type on nonsense on this forum.

Agreed, this will only lead to oneupmanship.

If you think someone has been particularly helpful, insightful or otherwise then take it upon yourself to let them know by saying thank you or sending a "thank you" package of your Favorite smokes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan

If you think someone has been particularly helpful, insightful or otherwise then take it upon yourself to let them know by saying thank you or sending a "thank you" package of your Favorite smokes.

Good point nhcigarfan.

Oh and good luck getting Amanda to give your her address IE
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Good point nhcigarfan.

Oh and good luck getting Amanda to give your her address IE

Before I submitted the last post I deleted the line that said.

"Also read some of her other posts, she is already dating someone"

Exactly! CC makes a great observation amd nhcigarfan has the right idea.

Send the person some fine cigars if you feel they've made a difference on this forum. On some forums, members organize a blanket bomb of packages from numerous volunteers to dump on a worthy victim all at once, a massive mailing.

I think most people here would find that a more genuine gesture than some Member of the Month hooie.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Nothing personal Amanda! We still require pictures though...

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Blog Entries

Before I submitted the last post I deleted the line that said.

"Also read some of her other posts, she is already dating someone"

LMAO!! I'm glad you put it back!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Yep - I hate those "rating", "MOM", "points/credit", etc you see on other boards. People are who they are, and they are recognized for their helpfulness in the kinds words and surprises that are passed on by others - not some kind of "contest" for employee of the month...

BTW, Island - what would be the prize to the "winner" of member of the month? The other sites I've seen do this send out some kind of box of cigars, or similar prize - and enter the person in the Member of the Year, which is an expenses paid trip to somewhere nice...

Amanda Guest

While the nominations are flattering, I don't want to be the source of another dispute here, so I will withdraw my name for consideration. As for the photos, give a girl time. All my spare change is going towards cigars right now. At the very latest, I'll put a digital camera on my Christmas list.

Amanda - you are member of the month material... If we were to vote, you would get mine. You're simple style and grace is very much appreciated. There is no way in heaven, hell or otherwise I could flame you...

Well, except if you decided Scotty was a nice guy - then maybe...

Keep laying it on extra thick George, but you still won't get to see the pictures first Romeo.

`
    `

Amanda's just a person, boys...knock off the leg-humping

Hey... I ain't leg humping - only Scotty does that crap... I'm holdin' the door open for the lady... OK??

Thread Information