Thread: Macanudo Maduro

Default Macanudo Maduro

Going to smoke this as a celebration of tampa getting "cadillac". Never tried any kind of macanudo before, so i'll attempt a review afterwards

here goes my rookie review

First off it was a full bodied cigar
    It was a very nice looking cigar
    It had an even burn
    at first the draw was a bit tight, but loosened up after awhile and became no problem
    price was $5.35
    It maintained the same taste throughout the smoke
    overall i'd give it a 7-7.5 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    here goes my rookie review

First off it was a full bodied cigar
    It was a very nice looking cigar
    It had an even burn
    at first the draw was a bit tight, but loosened up after awhile and became no problem
    price was $5.35
    It maintained the same taste throughout the smoke
    overall i'd give it a 7-7.5 out of 10
    I actually find those on the mild to medium side - almost too little for me (I like something with a little more power to it). Also, seemed to plain to me - very little complexity. This is a great cigar if you're out on the golf course, or in the yard working.

I would much rather enjoy a Padron Anniversario, Opus X, Diamond Crown Maximus, Davidoff Millenium Blend, (all on the expensive side) or La Flor Dominica Double Ligero Maduro, Gurkha Masters Select, Fuente Don Carlso, Punch Rare Corojo, CAO Criollo or something like that (on the cheaper side) while I'm relaxing with a drink...

You might want to try the CAO Italia's or MX2 if you like the maduro cigars. They have a GREAT flavor, are not overpowering and are priced about the same as the Macanudo.

yeah, i actually thought it was more medium bodied, i figured i'd put full since thats what they consider it (they as in one of the sites) and yeah it was pretty plain, thats why i posted about a more complex cigar. It's hard for me to get good cigars, cuz the only local place i got is a cigarette express and of course their main concern is cigarettes. But as soon as my humi empties a bit, or i get a bigger one, i think i'll order a bunch of single cigars from seriouscigars.com, that way i can get some good varieties

Do you like maduro's, or are you more of a connecticut shade fan (the lighter wrappers). Seems to me most I know either really like Maduro's, or really dislike them - there seems to be very few in between.

Maduro, for the most part, seem to be in the mild to medium, almost sweet smoke. If you want to get into something a little spicier, you might want to try the criollo's. If you smoke a good one, there's nice complexity to it, great flavors and just a bit of spiciness. The new Avo LE05 is a great example (if you can find them), although I'd call that more on the full side.
    Last edited by ggiese; 04-24-2005 at 06:30 PM.

either one, i dont really think i've had too many of the maduros, i think that was only my second, if the other one was even maduro, which i did like the first one alot. Cameroon is a whole separate wrapper correct? Thats the problem with not having a good cigar shop around, i get no info on what i'm buying.

Cameroon is a different wrapper, absolutely. The wrapper is actually where the cigar gets most of its flavor from. So, wrappers are VERY important to what you smoke and like. I've found that most people are afraid that they won't like the Maduro because they think it will be so strong - and I don't find that to be true. Cameronn wrapper are definitely stronger than Maduro, but you wouldn't necessarily believe that just by looing at them.

It's really too bad you don't have a good tobacconist near you - you would learn what tastes you like because you would have someone there guiding you.

i did have a torano 1916 cameroon which i liked very much, but that was near christmas so dont exactly remember alot about the smoke. I could always look up what cigars i smoked and find out the wrappers that way, i do save the bands and attempt to give a small review in a lil notebook, i guess my reviews will...strengthen, or become more informative as i continue to learn more

Blog Entries

George, he needs a newbie sampler trade package.

For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a thread where FOGs offer to sell or trade a variety of cigars to a new guy who wants a nice varitey in exhcange for the new guy buying the FOG whatever he wants (sometimes it's just plain cash). The new guy sends the FOG his end first and the FOG sends out a nice sampler pack.

Of course since I'm not considered a FOG here.............

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    George, he needs a newbie sampler trade package.

For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a thread where FOGs offer to sell or trade a variety of cigars to a new guy who wants a nice varitey in exhcange for the new guy buying the FOG whatever he wants (sometimes it's just plain cash). The new guy sends the FOG his end first and the FOG sends out a nice sampler pack.

Of course since I'm not considered a FOG here.............

No, but you're not a "Junior Member" anymore!!!

I did the newbie samplers on a couple of boards and they were WELL worth it. It would definitely be a great thing to start here.

Blog Entries

No, but you're not a "Junior Member" anymore!!!
    That's only 'cause I've been blabbing for three or four days much to the chagrin of a couple of the more "senior" members here

12. Default

i just had this myself last nite, must say that the draw was tight up to about half, and it was extremely mild for my taste, i much prefer a fuller smoke...

Quote Originally Posted by bardock
    i just had this myself last nite, must say that the draw was tight up to about half, and it was extremely mild for my taste, i much prefer a fuller smoke...

I agree...There was a Macanudo Ambassador at my local shop a few weeks ago and I got to sample the Maduro, and I was not very impressed. Not a bad smoke by any means, but nothing spectacular either, definitely much milder than I would have hoped.

The upside was the Macanudo rep was a very hot Philipino chick

i found this to be kind of a boring, too mild smoke for me. not bad, but not great by any means.

what's FOG?

I smoked one of these. Certainly not bad, but nothing worth going out of your way for. I found it to be a bit overpriced for it's quality. Most places around here sell these for around $6-$7. I tried it and the next thing I smoked was a Helix Maduro. A nototiously cheaper cigar. I could not tell a significant difference between the two.

Edit: Sorry to resurrect this dead post. I was working off a search page and thought I was in the main forum current posts.
    Last edited by Kenyth; 08-29-2005 at 09:18 AM.

Thread Information