Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy and trade cigars

Default Looking to buy and trade cigars

Hi guys, i live in Toronto, Canada. I am completely new here i am looking to buy or trade with someone local. I am interested in Cohiba Robustos and Esplendidos, as well as Hoyo de Monterey #2 (also robustos). If anyone lives in the are please respond. Thank you.

Ah!!!! Another new member that wants to trade on his very first post! I was beginning to miss these!

what do you expect me to do?... pretend that i'm interested in discussions, be your friend for a month and then ask if anyone has something to sell.
    Oh, by the way you joined the site in a month ago!

at least he in in toronto... where habanos are legal..LOL!

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo
    what do you expect me to do?... pretend that i'm interested in discussions, be your friend for a month and then ask if anyone has something to sell.
    ease up on the caffiene
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp
    at least he in in toronto... where habanos are legal..LOL!
    I think that this post is deserving of the Newbie Shirt that you gave to MaBaller10!

Hmmmm....what do you have in trade Nemo?

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Oh, by the way you joined the site in a month ago!
    Actually, I joined a month and a half ago. And my first post was not asking people to trade cigars with me. I got into discussions until people got to know me and then I initiated a trade. People aren't going to trade with someone they don't know. If you are not interested in the discussions here then you don't belong here. People like you join the board, get someone to "trade" with them, get some free cigars and don't send anything in return and then disappear. You have to establish a relation/trust with someone for them to trust you. And if they trust you without knowing you, well, they are a sucker!

jonesey, take it easy bud... that's why i asked for local people only, i will only deal in person. regardless a month and a half on a message board doesn't instill trust in anyone.

Actually, if I'm reading correctly, the post reads like he want's to trade with someone locally in person. Is that the case? If so, that should work out OK.

Actually, I am taking it easy. View this thread...newbies have been treated far worse than you have been. You maybe offering a trade in person, which is fine. I was just simply giving you advice that maybe people would be more prone to reply to your post if they had a little idea of who you are. Most people will ignore you when your very first post is asking to Trade Cigars. The thing that pissed me off the most about your posts is you stating that you really don't care about discussing cigars. If you are not interested in this, then you should not have joined this site. That is what this site is all about, if you are not interested, take a hike!

Jonsey i see that you just recently went through your initiation stage and are eager to get at someone...

Blog Entries

Jonsey i see that you just recently went through your initiation stage and are eager to get at someone...

Called out by the newbie
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Hi guys, i live in Toronto, Canada. I am completely new here i am looking to buy or trade with someone local. I am interested in Cohiba Robustos and Esplendidos, as well as Hoyo de Monterey #2 (also robustos). If anyone lives in the are please respond. Thank you.

"....just got back from Havana."

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

OK OK OK

I will assume (no jokes please) that since he was offering to trade, even on his first post, he would be willing to abide by the un-written rule that he would have sent his end first. So I personally took no offense to his post.

NOTE TO NEMO:

I do not think any of these posts are a personal attack. As I am sure you understand, or will come to understand if you hang around or read the volumes of previous posts here, there have been many scammers and scumbags that have taken advantage of the good people here. As noted above many @ssholes come in and offer to trade then take off with the goodies without owning up to their end of the bargain. So naturally, the watchdogs here and at other boards have become somewhat jaded toward new members offering to sell or trade very early in their tenure. Please try not to take the skepticism personally.

I welcome you to the board and would be willing to trade with you (non ISOM) if you are willing to send your end first. I think most people here would vouch for me (even though I am an attorney ) so no worries on your part.

- Jason
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

I'm not up to trading cigars through mail or however you send them. That's why i asked for people in toronto... if you live in the are and like cigars pm me and we can get together so that you can see what i have to offer. I know that down in the states it's a risky business dealing with cubans, however here you have people comming and going to havana every week. I was just trying to be straight forward... I am not a big cigar conesseur, i hardly smoke at all. Everything i have is for distribution.

I am not eager to get at anyone. I did not mean to "attack" you, I just simply don't want anyone here to get screwed out of smokes. But, if you are only willing to meet in person, then I guess there is no way to get screwed. Please accept my apology. And I hope that you will stay and talk cigars.

I am not a big cigar conesseur, i hardly smoke at all.
    Nemo, from which establishment did you purchase these in Havana?

Store, street vendor, through a third party, direct from the factory?

`
    `

Hugh, what difference does it make when i'm willing to open a box for you and let you smoke a cigar. I've read a coupple of those my cousin is a roller and i'm selling these for him posts... i don't want to get mocked hence i will spare you the sentimental story. I am suggesting this: the weekend is getting closer, you and a coupple of your cigar smoking friends get together downtown on some poshy patio and i will come by and smoke you some cigars.

A guy who admits he is not a cigar smoker, bringing back "cubans" to sell straight from Havana who doesn't want to give details on their origin = bad news.

It's the newbie that doesn't have a clue about authenication who's going to get screwed.

Don't waste your time.

`
    `

Thread Information