Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Prices

1. Default

I just saw on CNN that AAA says gas prices dipped today for the first time in over a week.

Around me, they held relatively steady at 3.19-3.29 (there were some closer to 3.50, but I ignored those).

if I could walk to work today, I would.

--------------------------

UPDATE: My local pump dropped from 3.29 to 3.15 overnight. Yay, minor relief!
    Last edited by SuperChuck; 09-06-2005 at 08:36 AM.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I heard today that Exxon/Mobil will make a profit of 10 BILLION dollars this fiscal QUARTER! How are they making sooooo much profit if the barrels of oil are supposidly sooooo expensive?

Something else, I think OPEC and big oil are just going to mess with our minds....once gas is around $3.00 for so long, and they lower it to lets say $2.50 it's going to sound like a great bargin for us, even though it is still ridiculously high. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

-Mike

Blog Entries

On the bright side, my energy fund has been doing real nice this year....

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Gas here is now 2.88, I believe I heard the Gov. here was thinking of taking the ohio state gas tax off, which would lower it around .28 cents. I also heard that the federal gov. sales tax on gas is around 50 cents.

Gas here is about $2.79, and the govenor suspended gas taxes a couple weeks ago... if that was not the case it would be about $3.19 or so. I think Mike's right... after a few more weeks of this, they'll "drop" prices a bit and expect us not to notice it's still alot higher than before.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thread Information